Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demetriou said Sydney and West Coast

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Bart
    Hmmm last time I checked Penrith was part of the Greater Sydney area. Did someone plonk it west of the Blue Mountains overnight unbeknownst to me ?
    It's still not 2 Sydney teams, it's only 1 unless they moved Brisbane...

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    It's still not 2 Sydney teams, it's only 1 unless they moved Brisbane...
    That was my point.

Anyhow, 10 has a good record in showing Swans games live or on short delay, regardless of the impact on ratings.

Unlike 9 they seem to be serious about giving AFL decent exposure in Sydney.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by hammo

Well, its either footy or another episode of The Simpsons

Originally posted by hammo
    Anyhow, 10 has a good record in showing Swans games live or on short delay, regardless of the impact on ratings.

Couldn't agree more. I wish the 5pm news gave more coverage to the Swans and AFL though.

i dont know how u sydneysiders handle the limited afl coverage. i was there for the collingwood game and there was not much said about it (granted that was andrew johns week) i was lucky that where i was staying they had fox footy or i would have gone insane.
    Roosy = LEGEND

Re: Demetriou said Sydney and West Coast

Originally posted by Snowy
    will play Friday night if the final is played at the MCG. He said (speaking on ABC radio Melbourne this morning), he would like it to be in Sydney but it may have to be in Melbourne.
    Playing Friday night at the MCG is the worse case scenario so far as providing Sydney based supporters an opportunity to travel down to Melbourne for the game. Could the AFL really be so stupid? I find it hard to belive that they would do that. Cheapest seats left are $139 on the 2pm flight. Then its $182, $240 and $355. And some of us have to work.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by mja
    true but 70k were at the ground ... only 10k would go to melb at best - so that 60k more viewers and its only a normal NRL round ie not a final
    I seriously doubt that - Swans home and away games in Melbourne attract more than 10K Swans fans to each game.

If Swans vs West Coast was in Melbourne, the crowd would probably be made up of:
    5K to 10K Eagles fans
    20K to 30K Swans fans, many from Melbourne
    5K to 10K neutral supporters who like watching finals
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

dont we have round 22 this weekend?
    Theres not much left to say

On the Rookie List
    You also got the impression that AD really wanted the match to be played in Sydney. One of the reasons for the Friday night would also be that Sydney and West Coast both play on the Saturday. The teams which play on Sunday cannot play on Friday under AFL rules. Originally I thought they would play the match Saturday afternoon if it was in Melbourne though I believe the Lions are scheduled for Saturday night at this stage.
    LIFE GOES ON

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    I seriously doubt that - Swans home and away games in Melbourne attract more than 10K Swans fans to each game.

If Swans vs West Coast was in Melbourne, the crowd would probably be made up of:
    5K to 10K Eagles fans
    20K to 30K Swans fans, many from Melbourne
    5K to 10K neutral supporters who like watching finals
    my point was based on Sydney fans and a Sydney TV numbers ie only 10 of the 70 @ the match would make a friday final in melb.
    I agree there would be more than 10k swans fans
    Ducks one week, Swans the next... just don't be a Goose till October!

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Re: Demetriou said Sydney and West Coast

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    If the final is on Friday night, I predict that there will be a short-lived flu epidemic in Perth on Friday!
    Cough,cough I think I feel a tickle in my throat.

On the Rookie List
    Ok, I know I shouldn't panic yet but... the afl might take away our home final, THEN make it so we can not even go to SEE our "Home Final" in Melbourne because it is on a Friday night? (How the hell can I get down to Melb post 4:30-5:00pm on fri arvo to be there for the game? I am sure there would be many in that boat).

Don't Ten have the rights to all the finals games? If so it would be live on TV? Wouldnt it? Yeah...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast