Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgery for Baz?

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Damien

I don't like the players being in situations where they can get injured. Simple as that.

How many players have ever been seriously injured playing IR?

I can't actually think of any.

How many players have been seriously injured while gardening, walking down the street, playing on the beach etc etc

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by liz
    How many players have ever been seriously injured playing IR?

I can't actually think of any.

How many players have been seriously injured while gardening, walking down the street, playing on the beach etc etc

Hmm interesting. I am guessing figures generally would support that more footballers are going to be injured on the football field as opposed to the daily activities you list.

Because there have been no serious injuries, that rules out ALL possibility of future injuries? right.

I find your post pretty funny actually.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Damien

Hmm interesting. I am guessing figures generally would support that more footballers are going to be injured on the football field as opposed to the daily activities you list.

Because there have been no serious injuries, that rules out ALL possibility of future injuries? right.

I find your post pretty funny actually.
    Was just trying to make the point that, unless you want to wrap players in cotton wool except when they are actually playing, injuries can happen in seemingly innocuous circumstances. Of course there is a chance that someone might get seriously injured but if we let the fear of what might happen rule us, no-one would ever do anything.

I just think its a bit precious of fans to bemoan that "their" players might, just might, get injured 6 months before the start of next season playing a game that means something to them.

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by liz
    Was just trying to make the point that, unless you want to wrap players in cotton wool except when they are actually playing, injuries can happen in seemingly innocuous circumstances. Of course there is a chance that someone might get seriously injured but if we let the fear of what might happen rule us, no-one would ever do anything.

I just think its a bit precious of fans to bemoan that "their" players might, just might, get injured 6 months before the start of next season playing a game that means something to them.
    Of course injuries can happen anytime, my view has nothing to do with cotton wool - but that injuries are simply more likely to happen when fit men from two countries are going at each other hammer and tong for a couple of hours on a cold day in Dublin.

I don't think you can possibly compare that to say Barry Hall falling into a sewer on the way to getting a paper or another type of freak accident.

I don't think anyone is dissaproving or saying not to play, some of us would just prefer them to rest and do the preseason work required for next year.

I go for the Swans - not an Aussie side playing a game that isn't Australian Rules. If any of the swans were to sustain 12 month injury (touch wood), it would not make me feel any better that they were playing for Australia on a free end of season trip.

I love the International Rules series (or at least I did last year, which was the first time I had seen it). It's something different, exciting, mostly confusing, and it looks like a lot of fun. All the Swans guys seemed to appreciate being involved, and I'm glad we've got 5 of our guys playing. Of course there's the chance of getting injured, but if it doesn't deter the players, then I don't see why we should care.

Besides, we never would have gotten the Kirk tagging Buckley story if it hadn't been played last year, and that one always makes me smile!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Red face

Originally posted by BAZooka Woman
    Thanks .. breathing a sigh of relief, though it does mean I don't get to watch him play before the Wizard cup .. b*gger!
    I thought he would have been admitted to hospital with shock after you proceeded to start err um stripping in front of him on Friday night.

You were VERY hypo, you know! Hope you got that photo you were after!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by swansrule100
    im actually pleased in a way
    prefer the swans players to miss the international rules
    Bugger that. I want him to terrorise the wee Irish leprechauns again. Last year I swear they were just petrified of the bloke!

Playing for your country should be seen as a reward for your performance throughout the year. The IR series will remain a kick and giggle series if people keep pulling out willy nilly.

Personally the concept of playing for my country certainly has appeal.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List BAZooka Woman's Avatar
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    I thought he would have been admitted to hospital with shock after you proceeded to start err um stripping in front of him on Friday night.

You were VERY hypo, you know! Hope you got that photo you were after!

JF
    Can I just point out I wasn't actually stripping in front of him .. I just got warm and took the frou-frou off .. I did have another top underneath.

Yeah I got the photo, just the one before I lost the batteries out of my camera and ended up with Schaubs looking at me distinctly unimpressed as I scrabbled around on the floor looking for them ...

It's a particular talent of mine to destroy all appearances of being a sane individual!

Kick it! Kiiiiick iiiiiiiiit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12