Team in three years time

B; Fixter James C Bolton
    Hb; M Davis LRT Dempster
    C;McVeigh Bolton J Malkeski
    HF; O'Keefe Someone Schneider
    FF; Ablett Doyle/Jolly Schmidt
    R; Doyle/Jolly Goodes Bevan
    b; Erikson Sunqvist Thewlis Willoughby

Tall forwards are looking to be a problem, most teams have three tall forwards, at the moment we have one and none developing.

On the Rookie List BAZooka Woman's Avatar

Re: Team in three years time

Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
    HF; O'Keefe Someone Schneider
    I'm familiar with two of these, who's the other one - is he in the draft?

Sorry

Kick it! Kiiiiick iiiiiiiiit!

What happened to Barry Hall? I think he could play for at least another 3 years. Hes 27 or 28 isnt he? Being big and strong, and relatively injury-free, I can see him play CHF for a long time yet!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by dendol
    What happened to Barry Hall? I think he could play for at least another 3 years. Hes 27 or 28 isnt he? Being big and strong, and relatively injury-free, I can see him play CHF for a long time yet!
    He gets traded at the end of 2006 for Shane Crawford, a carton of beer, a subscription to mad magazine and a 3rd round draft pick...

Someone is my nickname for Hally.

Actually it's not I just forgot he's only 28 or something.

Kirk could probably play for another three years too...

Re: Team in three years time

Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
    B; Fixter James C Bolton
    Hb; M Davis LRT Dempster
    C;McVeigh Bolton J Malkeski
    HF; O'Keefe Someone[substitute Hall] Schneider
    FF; Ablett Doyle/Jolly Schmidt
    R; Doyle/Jolly Goodes Bevan
    b; Erikson Sunqvist Thewlis Willoughby

Tall forwards are looking to be a problem, most teams have three tall forwards, at the moment we have one and none developing.
    Kirk, Kennelly, Hall, Crouch, Mathews, Saddington, O'Loughlin, Fosdike, Schauble and Davis will all be playing in three years. I suspect you also forgot Buchanan. The only question - and for some it's not a question - is who they'll be playing for. This reads more like a 'what's the youngest team we could possibly put on the field' thread.

Really, only three players - Ball, Maxfield and Nicks - are certainties to be no longer playing in 2007. Willo will almost certainly be in that group as well.

All other players on the list are candidates to be in our team in 2007. Impossible to say who they'll be - but let's not forget that we have to remove a minimum of eight players from the list in that time, and more likely 10-15.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

On the Rookie List BAZooka Woman's Avatar
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    He gets traded at the end of 2006 for Shane Crawford, a carton of beer, a subscription to mad magazine and a 3rd round draft pick...
    Heresy! Unless the beer's Toohey's Extra Dry

Kick it! Kiiiiick iiiiiiiiit!

Re: Re: Team in three years time

Originally posted by Charlie
    Kirk, Kennelly, Hall, Crouch, Mathews, Saddington, O'Loughlin, Fosdike, Schauble and Davis will all be playing in three years. I suspect you also forgot Buchanan. The only question - and for some it's not a question - is who they'll be playing for. This reads more like a 'what's the youngest team we could possibly put on the field' thread.

Really, only three players - Ball, Maxfield and Nicks - are certainties to be no longer playing in 2007. Willo will almost certainly be in that group as well.

All other players on the list are candidates to be in our team in 2007. Impossible to say who they'll be - but let's not forget that we have to remove a minimum of eight players from the list in that time, and more likely 10-15.
    Doubt Williams will still be playing, contracts ends next year (from memory) and I think that will be it. IMO O'loughlin and Schauble will play at least another 2 years but maybe no three due to long term injuries. Totally agree with the rest, players like Kennely, Kirk, Crouchy and Hall will almost definately be there IMO
    Come on Magic!

Ok, does this mean you forgot to do a thread for the team in 2 years time? What about in 10? You got any insight into the team for 2033? It would be about as accurate as your team for 2007.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

On the Rookie List
    How can you project that far ahead when there are so many drafts and delistings to take into account before the start of that season?
    LIFE GOES ON

It is not the question of who would be still playing but who could still contribute. Three years on, I doubt Kirk could be playing as good as he has been. Same for Barry, C. Bolton and Schauble. We might have seen the best of Crouch and Mathews as well.
    We not only need players to fill in for the retirements but also quality to compensate for the reduced contributions from others too. Including the retirements (Nicks, O'Louglin, Maxfield, Williams and Hall), that is about 10 players.

Realistically, a new draftee next year would make little difference in about 3 years time and that is expected. If we are going to make up for the lost, it must come the current list. I have a huge question mark on whether our younger players are capable to cover the lost. To win the cup, we need not only to cover for the lost but also to move forward at least a couple of steps. This might mean our chance for the cup within 3 years might not be so realistic and this is depressing.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    hope everyone who thinks williams and magic will still be in the team in 2007 is correct......

as a few people have pointed out, we need to assess when a player has gone past the point of their best, but can still contribute to a best 22....

as much as he is my favourite swan, magic will be one who is toeing the line in the next few years. i am not suggesting that he be treated any differently in the next few years, but he is already on modified training, used as a threatening forward, because his natural brilliance still make him capable of tearing a game apart, his speed and endurance will never be what they were....

Williams, and to a lesser extent crouch and matthews will reach a use by date based on their loss of speed, as injuries and age take their toll. Willo obviously has an edge on ability, but he's on the upper end of the age scale, the quicks with less polished disposal and vision will start to become surplus to needs once their speed fades....

HOWEVER: we can expect at least one of the youngsters with some experience;mc veigh, bevan abblett, buchanan,etc to really become a gun,
    a couple of trades and some development of the draftees...
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself