Thread: Interested in working for afl.com.au?

Interested in working for afl.com.au?

Perhaps someone here at RWO who lives in Sydney would be interested in the following job with afl.com.au:

Join the team at afl.com.au
    11:27:25 AM Tue 8 February, 2005
    Sportal
    Afl.com.au, Australia's no.1 sports website, is looking for an experienced Sydney-based writer to cover all AFL matches at the SCG and Telstra Stadium in 2005.

The successful candidate must be able to work between six and eight hours every match day and duties would include:

- Writing a comprehensive and well structured match report, to be filed within 10 minutes of the completion of the match.

- Attending post-match media conferences and filing sidebar stories.

- Digitally recording and publishing audio from post-match media conferences.

A true love and deep understanding of AFL football is essential, as are excellent writing skills and demonstrable experience in sports or news reporting, particularly to a tight deadline. The position would suit a recent journalism graduate, or an experienced print journalist with no weekend commitments. Online experience would also be an asset as would access to a notebook computer. Training in digital media production will be provided.

Please forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected]

Applications close 5pm 18 February, 2005.

Bugger - this is the only time when I wished I still lived in Sydney!!
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 9th February 2005 at 07:30 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Bugger - this is the only time when I wished I still live in Sydney!!
    Well, I've never wished that I lived in Melbourne
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren