Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Morwood just rang

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Wink

Originally posted by ScottH
    "Is that Mr Sane?"
    Wasn't that a song once? "Call me Mr Raider, call me Mr Sane!"

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Re: Tony Morwood just rang

Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
    Anyone else had this experience?
    I had a player (John Stevens) phone me once trying to sell me tickets to some expensive club event. For some reason he sounded a bit embarassed as he introduced himself.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    No, but I was called by a couple of chaps obviously from Asia (accents and that annoying international call delay) trying to sell me cheap phone calls tonight. They used my last name as if it was my first which was quite funny.
    They called you "cow"? How rude!

And why hasn't BRB renewed/ Any other RWO posters not club members?

Re: Tony Morwood just rang

Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
    Wanting to know why we haven't renewed our membership.

Anyone else had this experience?
    Apart from being good marketing, it is a very valid question.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who claim to be hard nosed supporters of their club, yet when asked for a financial contribution they can always offer some excuse as to why they aren't.

Those types can whinge and bitch and moan about the coach, the players, the administration, the board or whatever they like, but if they aren't members, they can't do anything to change any of the above.

So I say to those who aren't members on this Board (Geez I hope you are footyhead), until you earn the right to participate in the democratic process of the club by paying your membership (annually) here's a cup of shut the ***** up. Enjoy.

RANT OVER!

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Tony Morwood just rang

Originally posted by Doctor J.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who claim to be hard nosed supporters of their club, yet when asked for a financial contribution they can always offer some excuse as to why they aren't.

Those types can whinge and bitch and moan about the coach, the players, the administration, the board or whatever they like, but if they aren't members, they can't do anything to change any of the above.

So I say to those who aren't members on this Board (Geez I hope you are footyhead), until you earn the right to participate in the democratic process of the club by paying your membership (annually) here's a cup of shut the ***** up. Enjoy.

RANT OVER!

Here we go again on what makes a "real" supporter!!!

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Go Swannies
    They called you "cow"? How rude!

And why hasn't BRB renewed/ Any other RWO posters not club members?
    Was a member for a number of yrs before a veritable flood of offspring made attendance problematic (3 in 2 yrs - u do he maths...).

Looking forward to getting back on board next yr with the kids a little bit older - the family package is actually pretty good value.

I'll be sure to let RWO know where we're sitting as I'm pretty confident none of you will want to sit near our horde.

I know this guy who gave his membership money to the Red Cross tsunami appeal instead. What an asshole.

RANT OVER!
    I feel like whipped dog

(oops sorry for swearing)
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    I know this guy who gave his membership money to the Red Cross tsunami appeal instead. What an asshole.
    Right colours, wrong organisation.

Both cause damage from massive amounts of flooding though!!

(Oh I kill me....)
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar

RANT OVER!
    What about those that can't attend every game due to work/sporting comittments are they any less of a supporter?? Or those not in position finacially to buy a membership when they are on sale
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Veterans List
    By definition, if you haven't paid your fees (for whatever reason) then you are not part of the Swans.

You can be an interested observer but the club doesn't belong to you.

RANT OVER!
    I've been a member since I was five, and my Dad for years before that. I haven't got around to it yet, no big deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast