Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Saints injury news

On the Rookie List

Latest Saints injury news

Hamill probably won't play, Penny has re-injured knee and can't be considered, Harvey and Koschitzke won't return but Maguire and Xavier Clarke are chances. Source : Channel ten Melbourne at St.Kilda training today and the words of Cornflakes Thomas.
    LIFE GOES ON

That's some good stuff but what about the players like Riewoldt and Gherig?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Go Swans Always
    According to white line fever Riewoldt is carrying an injury to his hip. Also trying too hard playing and being captain.

Hope to our advantage.
    Love those Swans

On the Rookie List
    At this point in the season I would actually prefer to play a full-strength Saints to see how we stand against a potential finals opponent. But wins are probably more important against weaker opposition to actually MAKE the finals.

Originally posted by Wil
    At this point in the season I would actually prefer to play a full-strength Saints to see how we stand against a potential finals opponent. But wins are probably more important against weaker opposition to actually MAKE the finals.
    Yeah - I'm never quite sure which is better.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Yeah - I'm never quite sure which is better.
    Wins on the board, boys!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Always win on the board, every team will always carry a few injuries, you take what lady luck deals out.
    LIFE GOES ON

Originally posted by Snowy
    Always win on the board, every team will always carry a few injuries, you take what lady luck deals out.
    Exactly. It annoys me when someone says that you only won because the other team had x y and z out injured.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Wil
    Just need the wins IMHO. It doesn't matter how we go against a full strength finals opponent at this stage - finals are 13 weeks away.

We'll find out if we are good enough quite quickly once the finals start and a win against an understrength opponent now may be enough to get us a home final or two - that changes everything.

Blog Entries
    Selection boost for Saints
    St Kilda's injury woes are set to ease slightly with defenders Matt Maguire and Xavier Clarke looking set to return for Saturday night's crunch game against Sydney at Telstra Dome.
    but the Saints are likely to still be without key trio Aaron Hamill, Robert Harvey and Justin Koschitzke for a match they must win to get their season back on track.

Warming the Bench
    Originally posted by Wil
    But you have to take into consideration that we are not full strength either. If they were at full strength and won, would we be thinking, we lost because of injuries, so at this point of the season it just about winning regardless.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Syd Swan
    But you have to take into consideration that we are not full strength either. If they were at full strength and won, would we be thinking, we lost because of injuries, so at this point of the season it just about winning regardless.
    A bit like when Port flogged us last year. We had a "reserves" team.

The aim of the game at the momnet is to get as many wins on the board as possible, to finish as high as possible, to give the team the best chance of winning a flag.

So we'll take the wins however they come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast