Thread: Thoughts and best wishes for Barnaby Howarth

Almost Football Legend

Thoughts and best wishes for Barnaby Howarth

After I arrived at Gore Hill today, I heard the news that Pennant Hills captain Barnaby Howarth suffered a stroke on Thursday night and remains in hospital. I'm not aware of any further details or of his condition.
    It's awful news, and a reminder to all of us that even being young and fit is no guarantee that a stroke can't happen. Sydney AFL has experienced this before with Simon Meyer from Balmain suffering a stroke on the field during a game in 2003.

As I mentioned before, I'm not aware of his current condition or his recovery prospects. But, in case anyone from Pennant Hills or any member of Barnaby's family or friends are reading this board; I'm sure everyone from RWO and from the Sydney AFL will be giving thoughts and best wishes to Barnaby and hope he will make a full recovery.
    Hang in there Barnaby.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

On the Rookie List
    Well, i posted it before and it has been wiped due to the restoration of the site... but here is on the latest on Barns...

Tuesday 5th July

Barnaby is scheduled to have another MRI scan today (Tues 5th) and that will probably be the last test they conduct at Concord before he heads off to a rehabilitation facility. He continues to do about an hour of physio each day and is spending more hours awake through the day which indicates that the swelling in the brain is starting to subside.

He has had a number of visits from many of his mates from the footy club and he always brightens up when any of those guys appears at his door.

The messages of support continue to flow in and many past club members and players who have moved interstate have sent their best wishes; great to hear from those people who we haven't been around the club for some years but who still keep up to date with what is happening at Penno.

Looks like the rehab facility he will be going to is the Ryde Rehabilitation Centre, Ryde is the same place that Simon Meyer spent his rehab -- Simon is the Balmain player who was badly injured on the footy field two years ago and also suffered a stroke resulting from a bad knock in the head.

A few signs in the past two days that hospitalisation and his incapacity is starting to get Barns down a bit but I guess that is to be expected now that his condition has plateaued and reality is setting in. A move to rehab next week should perk him up again as it will be a different environment and more positive as he starts out on specific work aimed at his eventual recovery.

Thank you once again to everyone at Penno for your wonderful support of Barnaby and our family.
    - Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing!

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar
    is there any more news on how he is going now
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever