Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
I personally will wish him all the best. IMHO (and I will probably get shot down for this) I believe that our style of play never suited Baz as we always took so long to get the ball to him, by which stage he had 3 defenders hanging off him. Many is the time he threatened to lose his cool because of frustration with how the ball came to him. This is very different to what he experiences with the Dogs, so it is good that he had a couple of years playing in a style that suits him so that he can enjoy his twilight.

Having said that, nothing can change the fact that he was our premiership captain and nothing can change the fact that he ALWAYS put his body on the line for us. It was a shame that he left the way he did, but the fuse had been burning for a long time for the abovementioned reason (probably as well as others, too).
Agree with some of what you've said, but for a goodly portion of his time there, the doggies mids have more resembled our allegedly unsuitable midfield. Not sure whether it was bad luck, bad timing, or maybe even Barry himself which changed their dynamic. For a long time, I too felt he was routinely butchered by our slow play and ball movement into the forward line, but his time with the dogs has not coincided with their midfield at its best. The 64 million dollar question is why - did they drop off or were they kicking to the wrong spots, or was he leading to the wrong spots? They were undeniably one of the most silky skilled mid fields for a long time, but not in the last two seasons - and maybe, just maybe - it might have a bit to do with how Hally plays?

Unfortunately one of the times it did all click for them was last year's semi. Bugger. That game hurt.