Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

CONGRATS GUYS , had a former south player sitting infront of me on the way there and saw him today on my way back great guy forgot his name too sorry and the melbourne based cheersquad lady denise lovely lady too hope to meet up with her in aug up in syd too

Sorry guys, haven't read the preceding 17 pages ...

Wow. What a game.

How important is 37 this week ....

1. Goodesey
    2. We won by 37
    3. I'm on the top of the tipping table with a score of 37.

Good one.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

THIS IS NOT A JOKE - THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SUMMARY OF OUR MATCH

YOU ARE TO TAKE THIS VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY AND YOU MUST SEND THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO CARE.

ACCORDING TO THE HAWTHORN SUPPORTERS WHO CALLED SEN TODAY, AND THIS IS VERY SERIOUS STUFF.....

WE DIDN'T WIN ; THEY LOST THE GAME.

PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH... IT IS AS TRUE AS ANY FACT EVER PRESENTED

AND WHAT WE MUST ALL UNDERSTAND IS THE REASON THEY LOST THE GAME IS NOT BECAUSE THEY ONLY KICKED 2 GOALS IN THE SECOND HALF....NOT BECAUSE THEY TOSSED IT IN...NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED...NO, THEY RAN OUT OF LEGS, AND THIS IS RATIFIED BY THE FACT THAT WCE ONLY JUST BEAT RICHMOND. THE FACT THAT WCE TRAVEL EVERY SECOND WEEK IS IRRELEVANT.

YES IT WAS THE GAME IN THE WEST LAST WEEK THAT IS AT FAULT AND THE FIXTURE.

THEY HAVE HAD TOO MANY HARD GAMES IN A ROW.

DISMISS THE FACTS THAT SYDNEY TRAVELLED TO ADELAIDE, THEN PLAYED NORTH IN A FOOT OF WATER, THEN TRAVELLED SOUTH TO TASSIE AND PLAYED ON A GROUND THEY HADN'T PLAYED ON BEFORE.

FORGET THE FACT THAT HAWTHORN HADN'T LOST THERE FOR 2 YEARS. THEY JUST GOT TIRED AND IT IS ONLY ROUND 5 YOU KNOW.

THEN THEY ONLY HAVE A 6 DAY TURNAROUND TO PLAY THE SAINTS THIS WEEK.

SO PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL AFL SUPPORTERS SO THEY UNDERSTAND AND CAN SYMPATHISE WITH THEM.
    Last week it was the rain and the scg according to the homeless supporters and this week it's the factors you mentioned above. JFCHRIST it's getting bloody tedious the amount of arrogance shown by melbourne club supporters.

Seriously nico take a week away off from the local media and just make up your own mind.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's the story with Melcho?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still think it'd be safer to rest LRT for a week to prevent the same thing happening again.
    White performs just as good IMO

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Still think it'd be safer to rest LRT for a week to prevent the same thing happening again.
    White performs just as good IMO
    I think LRT gives more to the contest, white has more upside. White was unlucky to be omitted after his good effort the week before.

My read was that LRT was included against hawks because he could be swung back if hawks talls got on top.

I think what worked in LRT's favour was that Horse threw him down back at times to help out. I was adamant before the game that White should have kept his sport, but certainly during the game I thought 'well, White wouldn't have been able to play that important role'.

It's a difficult one.

Just on Everitt he also did some useful things on the wings and around the half back line after half time. He's continuing to play better as an outside ball user so if he is kept in Horse, PLEASE don't keep him as a key forward. It does him and us no favours.

It proves how important LRT has always been to us. Dead set 100% bloke. You know if he is on the paddock nothing is left behind.

His efforts on Gardiner in 2005 won us a flag

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    It proves how important LRT has always been to us. Dead set 100% bloke. You know if he is on the paddock nothing is left behind.

Well said - with LRT you know you're always going to get someone who will put himself on the line for the team....

On the Rookie List

+1 Picking the team in order I would go Goodes, Bolton,Teddy,LRT. as my first 4

Good, you win, your never under the radar
    Guess who will be ahead of the Swans on the ladder if they win next week? Adelaide....now that's flying under the radar. (OK so they have to win by 40 odd points)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005