Thread: We wont win the premiership this year...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Those blokes played hard tough footy last night, and all year. A 7 point loss is not teh end of teh world, there isa huge upside still for us in a few of our players, no need to get negative. Keep n mind we still have a lot of young players in the side who are not used to the type of tempo and pressure of big games like that. It will hopefully improve them for teh finals atmosphere
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Those blokes played hard tough footy last night, and all year. A 7 point loss is not teh end of teh world, there isa huge upside still for us in a few of our players, no need to get negative. Keep n mind we still have a lot of young players in the side who are not used to the type of tempo and pressure of big games like that. It will hopefully improve them for teh finals atmosphere
    Spot on Gong and may I add that even if this doesn't work out to be our year, our premiership window looks like it's well and truly open, now and for a good few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Spot on Gong and may I add that even if this doesn't work out to be our year, our premiership window looks like it's well and truly open, now and for a good few years to come.

+1 for both comments from GongSwan and Jewels. Our squad is still developing - we have a classy group of younger players coming through, another one with definite pedigree to join in next year in Mitchell, a certain Mr Rohan to return as well. There is huge upside from this team to come. The Premiership Window is open this year - we could win the flag if we play 4 or 5 matches of our very best football. Our best footy is now good enough to beat any team, on any day, on any ground in my opinion. Last night, as the loss against Collingwood and Adelaide earlier int he year, are awfully difficult to take as fans, and I'm sure they are for the players as well. But they will learn from it, and this team will continue to improve.

When you think about it though, what a remarkable season. We've lost 4 games - 3 of them by a kick or thereabouts. Only once, against Richmond have we truly not turned up and put a really disappointing performance in. That is what I love about our Swans - losses are very rarely due to a genuine lack of effort or desire - something that so many other clubs wish they could say about their teams every week, and one of the reasons our club is envied by a lot of people in the footy world.

We might not win the Premiership in 2012, but we just might!

# BELIEVE - SWANS 2012