Just on Perris, he is the best and most decorated junior to come out of NSW since Bird.

U/16 AIS member and Cameron Ling Medal winner for his leadership. Missed almost a year and a half with knee reco and only came back this year to re-establish himself as Captain and best player for NSW at u/18 Nationals + selected All Australian.

That alone would be enough for him to be taken in the draft by a dozen clubs.

He then plays the remainder of the season, about a dozen games for Swans Reserves, and is regularly amongst their best ... he can only get better!

Now let's assume that he only has the worst manager in the business ... I think he would have been discussing a full list position with more than just the Swans.

As for the Swans, they are ruthless with their list management, and it would disappoint if they didn't at least TRY to get him as a rookie, first offer.

A no-brainer for Roos to offer him an alternative, but I would think Melbourne would be his last consideration ... there are plenty of other mor attractive clubs ...

Personally, I think it would be great PR exercise for the Swans to take him, and potentially very bad PR if they choose to deny the kid who is and has been their "pin up boy" for the Academy.

PS: He paid for his own reco.