Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
Rubbish.
Go down to some housing commission flats and see how those in lower socio-economic categories are treated.
I fully understand the argument that you and others are trying to make, but you are saying that because of my skin colour I am able to come close to understanding the issues at hand that are faced by others.
Apparently my moral compass is locked in place, unable to move towards the 100% required to make a comment, because of my skin colour?
Right on sister!

I'm sick to death of ignorant and biased twits forcing their beliefs on the population when they haven't got the personal experience of the situation.

I believe I'm extremely qualified to make a highly qualified opinion on this but as usual, the "lefty" commentators will disregard it as being some sort of bias or racism because it doesn't agree with their "white basher" opinions;
+ I have indigenous heritage, along with European and British heritage.
+ I have previously worked in law enforcement in heavily indigenous areas for over a decade.
+ I have subsequently worked in an industry which gave financial advice to "under-privileged" people in an area with a high indigenous population.

The issue that many of the indigenous population have (excluding the very few in remote areas) is no different to what the general population has. However, they are given significantly more funding, resources and encouragement to gain an education and experience than the rest of the population.

The trouble is that over the last few generations they have become reliant on social welfare. Large numbers of them have no drive because the social security system gives them everything they need. Why should they seek to improve themselves when they have this "money for doing nothing"?

Their families don't hold the same standards that most families would uphold. In my mixed race family, surviving on social welfare would have been frowned upon, whereas this is considered the norm in many indigenous families.

We need to break the cycle of indigenous people relying on welfare. Bob Hawke decided to transfer some of the fiscal responsibility onto the indigenous leaders. This was a huge failure. The Federal Government handed billions to the Aboriginal Co-ops and they blew it. They would buy brand new Land Cruisers and write them off in 12 months, they would hold huge parties/pissups on the co-ops accounts, they would burn down houses repossessed from white people, they would steal funds from the co-op accounts and get away with it. Why did they get away with this? Because they were indigenous.

The old analogy of "give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime" has never been so true. Rather than throwing money at the indigenous people in order to shut them up and keep them happy we need transfer this money into education and changing of their mindset.