Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
Yes, it would be an interesting exercise, to go back and examine each premiership side, to try and determine when they genuinely started to believe that they could win the premiership. While I'm sure most players would go into a season, claiming that their side is a chance to win the comp, I doubt if that would a strongly held and predominant belief within a club, until the team had at least few games where everything just clicked.
It's really stuck with me, that quote. The galvanising value of a win. When I went back to watch the highlights after listening to that interview, the spirit of the players, particularly Adam, is evident.

Round 1 this season was a stirring win, and it's softened this lockdown a little.

I actually came on to post a link to the highlights of another such win. Our 2018 win away to Geelong is probably my favourite in recent years. McGuire's call in the 4th quarter is a beauty.

Match Highlights: Geelong v Sydney | Round 6, 2018 | AFL - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
Haven't seen the Vietnam one, but I loved his series on the American civil war. Also liked his baseball series; even though I'm not much of a fan of the game.
Both the Vietnam and Civil War series are brilliant, particularly the latter.