Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
Sorry, I was being facetious. There just seems to be many people suggesting that we are going to lose because the MC hasn’t picked Knoll or Amartey to ruck. Personally, I don’t think it matters who we pick for the ruck as we will be beaten here anyway. It is just a shame for Cameron that when his chance arises, he is also out injured. Any team who is playing their 4th choice ruck would be in trouble. However, especially with Fyfe out, we can still win or match clearances.

I am actually making the same point as you - the game is complicated and many areas for improvement. I am happy with the changes (apart from the forced ones) and am looking forward to seeing how Stoddart, in particular, goes.
My point is we're screwed in the ruck if you look at the raw numbers and also respective ruck experience. Agree Amartey or Knoll are not going to change that.
I also agree there are many facets to a game if footy and it will be interesting to see how a team goes when they completely dominate the tap. Personally I feel the effect of first tap is overstated, hence my pessimism as to how affective Naismith will be when he comes back, especially if his all round game doesn't improve.