Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who the hell is Jesse Smith?

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Who the hell is Jesse Smith?

Seriously how many times will the Melbourne media/Commentators get White's name wrong. Every now and then they let slip Jesse Smith without even correcting their mistake.

Gerard Healy even called him that on "On The Couch" tonight.

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to get his name right.

The Kangaroos player who they are getting him mixed up with has been out injured for almost 2 years now so there really is no excuse.

So Frustrating.
    Last edited by Jeffers1984; 10th August 2009 at 11:39 PM.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Well The Age reckons DOK was second best on ground yesterday!

Round 19 votes - RFNews - realfooty.com.au

I wish that I had Jessie's girl...
    10100111001 ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

That's even funnier. If he was a known player you could almost forgive them, but ...

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh please. I laughed at Eddie Everywhere on OneHD last night saying he wished the football media fraternity spent some time researching rather than opinionating. Couldn't agree more.

And I was going to say.......how much I enjoyed Commetti and McAvaney. If you have to watch the game on telly at least these two inject a bit of passion into the call.

The "when you think of White Goodes......" Bing Lee are going to be all over that if they are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Oh please. I laughed at Eddie Everywhere on OneHD last night saying he wished the football media fraternity spent some time researching rather than opinionating. Couldn't agree more.

And I was going to say.......how much I enjoyed Commetti and McAvaney. If you have to watch the game on telly at least these two inject a bit of passion into the call.

The "when you think of White Goodes......" Bing Lee are going to be all over that if they are smart.
    Must admit, I thought the White Goodes line was pretty funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Obviously the sports reporter just wrote "O'Keefe" and the work experience kid looked that up in the player list to get the full name.

I'm sure Daniel will be pleased to know how well he's playing. Isn't he on the injured list at the moment?
    Last edited by j s; 11th August 2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fix typos

It was Gerard Healy though, who does know who our guys are. it was right near the end of the show and he was clearly rushing, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he accidentally stuffed up and mixed up Nick Smith and Jesse White.

On the Ch 7 commentary, yes it was pretty good from Bruce and Dennis, especially considering they don't do our matches very often. Bruce's line comparing something about Richmond (I can't remember what now) to a sobbing woman walking into a bar with a harpoon gun was a classic. It was so obscure as to be met with complete silence by the rest of the team.

The down side was that I lost count of how many times Tim Watson said that we liked a game with a lot of stoppages. Not much expert analysis there.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It was Gerard Healy though, who does know who our guys are.
    Heath i mean Rhyce Shaw says hi.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Heath i mean Rhyce Shaw says hi.
    I wonder if Tony Shaw gets those two confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It was Gerard Healy though, who does know who our guys are. it was right near the end of the show and he was clearly rushing, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he accidentally stuffed up and mixed up Nick Smith and Jesse White.

On the Ch 7 commentary, yes it was pretty good from Bruce and Dennis, especially considering they don't do our matches very often. Bruce's line comparing something about Richmond (I can't remember what now) to a sobbing woman walking into a bar with a harpoon gun was a classic. It was so obscure as to be met with complete silence by the rest of the team.

The down side was that I lost count of how many times Tim Watson said that we liked a game with a lot of stoppages. Not much expert analysis there.
    I heard that one too. Pretty sure it was Dennis and not Bruce that said it. Sorry to do this to you but could you explain the joke to me as unfortunatly I dont get it.

He said that passage of play was going to end badly (for Richmond) like a sobbing ....

The funniest bit for me was Gerard Healy's comment after Ray Chamberlain gave Cousins a 50 metre penalty for abuse.."Ray should be used to that by now"
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast