Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Teams: Sydney v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Let's hope it pisses down with rain? Anyone know the forecast? It has been mostly dry for the last day or two but has never looked far away from threatening to bucket down.
    Sydney - Sunny and 25c

It will be played as a fast game and fittness on a big ground will be the telling factor - Huge job for Mummy - He is fitter but up against a couple of mobile ruckman.
    I wish him well because if he plays a good one we should win.

The ruck is one thing. But Meredith? He's never been a big ballwinner and didn't do a great deal in the NAB games. Hope he showed some form in the twos.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    My best guess is Pyke wont play,i think Mummy will ruck when Hille rucks and White when Ryder does,yes we loose out in the ruck but Jesse has the pace to go with Ryder around the ground i dont think Pyke does,Bird will be the sub imo.
    Not a bad call for a rookie...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    One ruckman against three. If it works Horse is a genius. If it doesn't I hope they don't persist.

Hopefully White will get more than 1 hitout this week.
    Apparently there is a qn mark about Hille.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Apparently there is a qn mark about Hille.
    Yes, but it's really none of our business.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bomberblitz are saying that Hille is out for two weeks. Perhaps the Swans had some inside info and are happy to let White square up against Bellchambers

Blog Entries
    Gone for a bit more ball skill and agility, by the looks of it.
    They are obviously confident Mummy can ruck neraly all day, and is better for the run last week.

I hope Bird can finish the game. I thought Sumner would get a run with it being Marn Grook. Happy with Meredith though. He is ahead of Sumner.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I think the bench will be: White Rohan Bird with the substitute being Meredith
    Am 50% of the way to being 100% on the money

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    According to AFL.com.au, Sumner, Pyke and Parker are the emergencies, meaning that Meredith and Bird come into the team. However, it is not clear if the final squad has actually been announced or if this is just because their format can't cope with the extended bench of 7. After comments last week about a query over Mumford's match fitness, surely we're not going into a game against Hille and Ryder with just White as his back-up????
    The answer is that Mummy is obviously match fit now. Mumford and Hille will go head to head and ruck for most of the game. Ryder and White will be their back ups and both play forward most of the game. I see no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Not a bad call for a rookie...
    Ah but im an old rookie,used to dwell in these parts years ago under another guise ,im quite shocked actually as all the comments since mine had convinced me i was wrong,Jesse is the better match up for Ryder but he'll have to be at his very best as Ryder was great last weak,mind you not that he was up against much.Did anyone see Meredith playing seriously?Always seemed like an outside player to me hardly a hard ball getter.I would think he'd have to be odds on as the sub.

On the veteran's list
    If Hille is doubtful there is no value in them naming Bellchambers in the team at this time since they can just bring him in from an emergency list if Hille is not right. I think that the Bombers' plan might be to stretch the swans defence. We are very height challenged with only Reg and Ted of any size down there. We are certainly not in our usual formation of the two KP defenders plus LRT to pick up the gorillas. And there are not many options available either if they decide to go "tall".
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast