Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 2,317 to 2,328 of 2341

Thread: 2016 trading and drafting (merged thread)

Regular in the Side
    Numbers are up on the AFL website. One movement is that Foote has moved to Mitchell's number 6. To me that indicates we are looking to big things from Foote.
    Hayward 9
    Florent 13
    Cameron 17
    Edwards 19
    Maibaum 21
    Ronke 25
    Fox 42
    Fisher 45
    Pink 47

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Numbers are up on the AFL website. One movement is that Foote has moved to Mitchell's number 6. To me that indicates we are looking to big things from Foote.
    The Swans have air-brushed Mitchell out of the club's history. According to the announcement re the new numbers on the Swans' website:

'The number 6 guernsey was previously worn by champion defenders Craig Bolton and Andrew Dunkley.'
    Last edited by liz; 2nd December 2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Well Mitchell wasn't a champion defender..

Veteran Site Admin
    In the context of guernseys and lockers, they typically refer to players who have earned the right to have their names on the locker. Mitchell bailed before getting close to the 150 game normal requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Was an U18 game, the SANFL finals got very healthy numbers watching, I attended a couple myself, being a SOUTH Adelaide supporter. Also follow SOUTH Sydney Rabbitoh's and SOUTH Melbourne :-)
    Thx 707. I wasn't even aware that they still had U18s.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 2nd December 2016 at 07:45 PM.

[QUOTE=barracuda;716342]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It was an incredibly lean year for the South Australians. Jonty Scharenberg and Sam Walker missed both drafts after being touted as top 40 picks. Hayward was the highest draft pick from SA going at pick 21. Lewis Young, who could have easily dropped to the rookie draft, went to the Bulldogs at pick 49, while Larke Medal Jack winner Jack Graham slipped to pick 53. And that was it for SA. Hayward played in the all star game and looked good. He takes pack marks, kicks long and accurately, tackles and runs fast -- there's plenty to work with.

Interesting, SA had a lean year on the draft front yet beat everyone in the under 18 champs except Vic metro who just beat them by 3 points. I reckon the crow eaters have every right to be annoyed.
    Scharenberg and Walker were big surprises. For all clubs to ignore them, even in the rookie draft, you would have to assume that there are other issues there, ie commitment or attitude problems.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 2nd December 2016 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Hayward 9
    Florent 13
    Cameron 17
    Edwards 19
    Maibaum 21
    Ronke 25
    Fox 42
    Fisher 45
    Pink 47
    Yeah, but Rose has number one.

Rookie selection: Robbie Fox - November 28, 2016 - sydneyswans.com.au

i watched Fox's skills a little more closely and the guy has very good vision, dexterity with change of hand pass after fake is smooth and fast, always opens up for a pass correctly and his speed and give and go is very good also

hhhmmmm will be interesting to watch in the NEAFL
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Rookie selection: Robbie Fox - November 28, 2016 - sydneyswans.com.au

i watched Fox's skills a little more closely and the guy has very good vision, dexterity with change of hand pass after fake is smooth and fast, always opens up for a pass correctly and his speed and give and go is very good also

hhhmmmm will be interesting to watch in the NEAFL
    What's this last comment Auntie? Fox may start in the seniors! It happened last year with Papley?

There's spots up for grabs for R1 and I wouldn't write off any off the new draftees. Fully expect Newman to be a starter, was perplexed how he didn't crack a game last year although it may have been an AFL promotion rule blocking him a rookie upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that Maibaum is only 18 years old?? He has some serious muscle definition for a 18 year old.
    What about Parker when he was drafted...
    745303-luke-parker.jpgLuke+Parker+TAC+Cup+Rd+14+Cannons+v+Stingrays+DiYOWlIq854l.jpg

According to this Total list breakdown: Age, experience, 100-gamers, teens and more - AFL.com.au

We have have the fourth youngest team by age 23y 265d, GWS second oldest with 24y 219d.

By games played fifth most inexperienced 59, GWS 3rd most experience with 76.

Finals experience second 267.

Players above 30 thirteen with 3 players. (McVeigh, Buddy and Reg on R1. Tippet & Jack turn 30 during the season)

Players with over 100 games fifteen 9 players.

Players yet to debut 13.

Great pics of Parker! I wonder when he started dying his hair?

I saw that breakdown of our team's profile too. I think it both confirms why GWS should be favourites for the next flag but also bodes very well for our future. We've managed to renew our list on the run without dropping a whit. Outstanding work by the club and the coaching staff! I was wondering who the third player 30+ was - Buddy! Already. He's still got another 6 seasons. Anyway, not complaining. We're lucky to have him and his price looks more reasonable with each passing year.

Just to add something in a different direction, possibly closer to the thread topic: some great names in this year's drafts. I think better than Esava Ratugolea, better even than Toby Pink, is Quinton Narkle. A coruscating name, although not necessarily one I'd volunteer for. Geelong are taking on Collingwood's Broomhead and Sidebottom might. Perhaps still not as good as my all time favourite, which, even though I don't take any interest in NRL, is an NRL player's name: Fuifui Moimoi. Brilliant!