Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Taylor

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    That's fine to respect all parties. The important part is they stood up for violence against women and stood him down.
    As I said, an excellent response.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Really disappointed about how many supporters are ready to find Elijah guilty before the evidence has been presented. He broke COVID rules but he was young and there is a 99.5 % survival rate. The domestic violence still need to be investigated to see how serious it is or even if they was fabricated.
    There are no differing levels of seriousness when it comes to domestic violence.
    Just one.
    Serious.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Glad you're not a judge in the justice system. Just asking for the case to be judged on its merits according to the principles of natural justice when all details are examined.
    +1

Veterans List
    Right decision made.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great post Syd. I agree with second chances and a club like the Swans could make it work.....this of course dependant on his level of offending and whether he is actually guilty or not. One things is for sure, if he does get a second chance it WON'T be in the number 37. That honour has passed him by.....on the Covid breach alone, let alone his latest controversy.

It's all very sad and messy.
    Ditto.
    Clearly a very immature and irresponsible young man. If Collingwood can stand by Jordan De Goey when he’s been charged with sexual assault, then the Swans can give Elijah Taylor a chance at redemption, and the avoidance of a dark downwards spiral. But he has to accept this chance, and it won’t be in number 37 or number 19.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    There are no differing levels of seriousness when it comes to domestic violence.
    Just one.
    Serious.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Ditto.
    Clearly a very immature and irresponsible young man. If Collingwood can stand by Jordan De Goey when he’s been charged with sexual assault, then the Swans can give Elijah Taylor a chance at redemption, and the avoidance of a dark downwards spiral. But he has to accept this chance, and it won’t be in number 37 or number 19.
    Sorry Kafka-we’re better than Collingwood when it comes to ethical values. Just because Jordan De Goey is a star player doesn’t mean we can tolerate this kind of behaviour. Yes, Elijah is innocent until proven otherwise but clearly our club knows more and Tom Harley has referred to other incidents. Elijah has talent- so what? We set a standard that all football clubs and supporters can be proud of- we are Sydney Swans and have the best culture in the league!
    Sorry Elijah- goodbye!

Warming the Bench
    I wondered if Jordan de Goey would get a mention.

Other recent players to have assault charges against them are Dane Swan and Michael Hurley. Both of these guys went on to have great AFL careers. They got looked after by the club and grew up. Their cases weren't DV but assault is assault.

There are probably others - just can't think of any at the moment.

I agree with Ludwig that ET should have stayed in the hub - and away from the (ex) GF. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Agree he should be stripped of #37 - but to kick him out of the club would probably derail his life even further.

Yep - Bloods Culture.... I'm not just talking about the Domestic Violence, but the being out at a hotel at 6am, the sneaking into the bubble - I can't imagine these are the only "minor" infractions. There is more to the story about why he was left behind in Perth. If I was serious about AFL, I would demand to be with the team and be given the chance to atone.

One of the few that Kinnear has got wrong. I was surprised when he was selected, as he was touted as a early 2nd round pick who will slip due to behavioral issues. No doubt trusted our system. Fails the "No dickheads" policy badly.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Sorry Kafka-we’re better than Collingwood when it comes to ethical values. Just because Jordan De Goey is a star player doesn’t mean we can tolerate this kind of behaviour. Yes, Elijah is innocent until proven otherwise but clearly our club knows more and Tom Harley has referred to other incidents. Elijah has talent- so what? We set a standard that all football clubs and supporters can be proud of- we are Sydney Swans and have the best culture in the league!
    Sorry Elijah- goodbye!
    The pic of his girlfriend is certainly damning evidence.....and while the process has to take it's course, unfortunately I think the damage is done and it might well be career over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Yep - Bloods Culture.... I'm not just talking about the Domestic Violence, but the being out at a hotel at 6am, the sneaking into the bubble - I can't imagine these are the only "minor" infractions. There is more to the story about why he was left behind in Perth. If I was serious about AFL, I would demand to be with the team and be given the chance to atone.

One of the few that Kinnear has got wrong. I was surprised when he was selected, as he was touted as a early 2nd round pick who will slip due to behavioral issues. No doubt trusted our system. Fails the "No dickheads" policy badly.
    Yes, it is a great shame and don’t get me wrong, I feel for the kid. But what options does the club have? We certainly will try to help him as we don’t want a spiral further downhill- we are not heartless like a certain politician!
    But How on earth did he receive # 37? Wonder what Goodsey is feeling- not too good I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I wondered if Jordan de Goey would get a mention.

Other recent players to have assault charges against them are Dane Swan and Michael Hurley. Both of these guys went on to have great AFL careers. They got looked after by the club and grew up. Their cases weren't DV but assault is assault.

There are probably others - just can't think of any at the moment.

I agree with Ludwig that ET should have stayed in the hub - and away from the (ex) GF. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Agree he should be stripped of #37 - but to kick him out of the club would probably derail his life even further.
    I think the thing with Elijah is that he is racking up repeated mistakes, despite all the help. He has so far two potential assaults, plus a breach of wa covid laws, despite express instructions. One off mistakes can be dealt with, but repeated can mean the person can’t be changed.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast