Page 234 of 452 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,797 to 2,808 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post

On ruckmen it wasn’t so long ago that we had so many that we thought we could let Nankervis go. Nankervis is no star but what he does he does well: creates a contest at ball ups so there are no easy exits for the opposition, then works hard to get back in defence and take some intercept marks (he took 2 crucial defensive 50 marks in last night’s last quarter). I think the role of ruckmen is overrated. The best rucks in the league are Natanui, Grundy, Gawn, and Goldstein, and look where their teams are! Richmond won 2017 Grannie with a mid as their second ruck and last night their second ruck was a career backman (Astbury). All you need is someone that is big and strong and prepared to jump in to their opponent all day to create a contest and then work hard to help out the backs.
    I can see that you're lobbying for the Ludwig Koenig Von Bayern gold medal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    He can, but he needs to learn that plurals do not take apostrophes. (I deleted the apostrophe when posting the link.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    And he has to learn that the past tense of lead is not lead (as in the metal)
    Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    And the difference between illusive and elusive (do we need a new thread? )
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Nice to see that many of us on here are old school enough to pick all this up
    "covering the ground as good as any"

If us were back in the days' when younger people could of told the difference between a adjective and a adverb, us'd be on the verge have a period of the clubs greatest success, back in the early 1900s.

Still, it was a good article!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    "covering the ground as good as any"

If us were back in the days' when younger people could of told the difference between a adjective and a adverb, us'd be on the verge have a period of the clubs greatest success, back in the early 1900s.

Still, it was a good article!
    Then again many people say "could of" instead of "could have".

Why haven’t all these posts been moved to the grammar thread ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Joking obviously but crikey, the hypocrisy of getting off topic on here !

Last edited by Melbourne_Blood; 17th October 2020 at 07:36 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Yes I agree, outside of Buddy there aren’t any Swans I have seen in recent times that have that bit of “magic” that can do the special things. We are a hard working, hard running, disciplined team of very competent players, so if we can find some magic to turn a game when we are under the pump it will make a big difference.

On ruckmen it wasn’t so long ago that we had so many that we thought we could let Nankervis go. Nankervis is no star but what he does he does well: creates a contest at ball ups so there are no easy exits for the opposition, then works hard to get back in defence and take some intercept marks (he took 2 crucial defensive 50 marks in last night’s last quarter). I think the role of ruckmen is overrated. The best rucks in the league are Natanui, Grundy, Gawn, and Goldstein, and look where their teams are! Richmond won 2017 Grannie with a mid as their second ruck and last night their second ruck was a career backman (Astbury). All you need is someone that is big and strong and prepared to jump in to their opponent all day to create a contest and then work hard to help out the backs.
    Cheers

I don't think they would have won without Nankervis's efforts in the last.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Papley definitely works magic. Rampe is brilliant coming out of D50. Heeney does some special stuff. And then there's Buddy. I reckon we go alright.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post

I'm more disappointed by Maibaum not ever having a chance, but again, Melican's rapid return to form after a couple of tentative games, along with the arrival of Gould and even Brand as big-bodied defenders squeezed him out.
    Yep, me too. He seems to have been cursed.
    Given he was only a rookie this season but on the main list before that, are we able to re-rookie him if we wanted?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep, me too. He seems to have been cursed.
    Given he was only a rookie this season but on the main list before that, are we able to re-rookie him if we wanted?
    Yes. But what would be the point? If we wanted to keep him, he was already on the rookie list. The delisting from primary list to rookie draft move is what we will likely see with several players this year, which is what is done when there are too many players on the primary list, but we want to still keep some on the squad, so they are moved to the rookie list to make way for draft picks in the national draft.

Is anyone else getting increasingly concerned that the club hasn’t announced the re-signing of George Hewitt?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Is anyone else getting increasingly concerned that the club hasn’t announced the re-signing of George Hewitt?
    No, very few contracts being signed around the league, waiting no doubt on the TPP announcement. George has had a very difficult year, we'll re-sign in the fullness of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No, very few contracts being signed around the league, waiting no doubt on the TPP announcement. George has had a very difficult year, we'll re-sign in the fullness of time.
    Good. I hope you’re right. I needed the reassurance.