Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Same old record spinning the same old tune.

You crap on that no one player can be blamed for things one second, but then we all know who you'll focus in on, irrespective of how he plays, if we do lose today. We get it - you hate the guy and won't stop deathriding until he is delisted, or until your argument becomes so untenable that an awakening moment is a given.

The fact of the matter is we need a collective big effort from everyone in the midfield group today.
    I agree. Sick of hearing the hate. Rowie was really good until he got injured

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I really hope we get through today. Even if we don't win next week.

I think the experience of playing in front of a (hopefully) big crowd in Perth in a Final would be incredible. Not saying we can't beat Geelong if we make it, but the journey will be important for next year.
    Spot on the experience for young players to win a final is huge. People are also less likely to leave when there winning finals and can see there not far off from the ultimate success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Being a Bexl myself I think the scotch would be more handy I hope to have one or more myself to celebrate us winning.
    Well picked up. Have a wonderful day and I hope the Scotch is in celebration not commiserations.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post

Not that im not already supremely excited by our future! But there is something invaluable about winning a final that i think really sets teams up for future success! It starts today!!

CHEER CHEER
    I also reckon our season "deserves" to carry on for another week. There's a clear gap, points wise, between us and the two teams that finally snuck into the final eight. I'm proud of them regardless, but it would be a flat way to end a rewarding season. It's just unfortunate (and not unlike previous seasons, like 2016) that having had a very good run with injury throughout the season, we have been hit now, not so much in numbers but in importance.

Pushing for Selection
    "Port were serviceable"?. Cant agree with you there. Port's use of the ball was stunning last night, quick hands in close, and disposal was first class. It was in Adelbrain though and they are notorious poor travellers.

Senior Player
    My tip : We'll win today, beat Geelong next week but lose the prelim. Melbourne will win the GF. Its very hard to win from
    outside the top 4 regardless of the form you are in at the end of the H & A.
    Last edited by KTigers; 28th August 2021 at 03:11 PM.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Same old record spinning the same old tune.

You crap on that no one player can be blamed for things one second, but then we all know who you'll focus in on, irrespective of how he plays, if we do lose today. We get it - you hate the guy and won't stop deathriding until he is delisted, or until your argument becomes so untenable that an awakening moment is a given.

The fact of the matter is we need a collective big effort from everyone in the midfield group today.
    +1
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

winners

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    My tip : We'll win today, beat Geelong next week but lose the prelim. Melbourne will win the GF.
    my tip , win today in tough encounter by 12 points , win next week in a canter and win the prelim by 2 points on our way to winning the granny by 10 points stunning everybody

Senior Player
    32 pages before the game starts. I think it's fair to say we are excited, and also nervous!

I'm concerned about the loss of Kennedy and Mills, they are big outs. Which is not to say they can't be covered, but I think it will take 100% from everyone today.

I hope they go well and give it everything. It's been an enjoyable season, much better than I'd hoped for, regardless of the result today.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbrother View Post
    my tip , win today in tough encounter by 12 points , win next week in a canter and win the prelim by 2 points on our way to winning the granny by 10 points stunning everybody
    I like this one better! Lol

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Buddy will rally them to a fabulous victory, keep the youngsters composed and focused and he will give another tip to a Giants back on how to play him (he’s so generous like this).

Thanks for the answers re Joey everyone.

I might've been a bit optimistic thinking he might come up as a sneaky sub if we were collapsing in the middle.

I've got bubbles in the fridge for afters and calming down.

Goooooooo Swans