Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Match thread. THE GRAND FINAL!!! Swans v Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    When it was first announced, I thought they said they hired Robyn Williams from The Science Show, and thought "this could be a very interesting pre-game show".

I don't know who this Robbie Williams is, but he needs someone to dress him in the morning. Maybe he should swap jobs with King Charles.
    Yes! They could make it more like the old musical finale from the Late Show. When they promised Whitney Houston and end up with Mike Whitney.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The SWANS weetbix was spiked in their noisy and crappy hotel,

They were not themselves . No way .
    And Chad Warner and Robbie Fox went for the cornflakes. It makes sense now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yes! They could make it more like the old musical finale from the Late Show. When they promised Whitney Houston and end up with Mike Whitney.

Veterans List
    To all those who have denigrated our club, our coach and our players since last Saturday because they have trouble controlling their emotions in the face of massive disappointment (and who have strangely disappeared from this site, at least until the clubs next failure).....watch this and learn what loyalty (and maturity) looks like.

Adam Spencer's rousing speech at the AFL Grand Final Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    To all those who have denigrated our club, our coach and our players since last Saturday because they have trouble controlling their emotions in the face of massive disappointment (and who have strangely disappeared from this site, at least until the clubs next failure).....watch this and learn what loyalty (and maturity) looks like.

Always love his passion and what he has to say. Very good at putting it all into context and perspective.

I'm still pissed off about last Saturday. It still hurts that we got it so wrong on the biggest day of them all.

But unlike some out there who think we are destined for mediocrity unless the baby gets thrown out and we start again, I think this may be just the beginning of something really special.

We are still a work in progress and there will be speed bumps along the way, and work is still needed to to get the list to where it needs to be.

But it was still a fantastic season in so many ways, and if you can't get excited about the potential we have going forward, then it is time to give up following footy.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    A video compilation of every Chad Warner stat from the grand final (select the 'extended' option):
    AFL Stats - AFL.com.au.

What a set!

Un-restrained emotion is what makes footy great. Back in your box self-appointed minister for boring!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I say get rid of ALL pre-game and half time "entertainment." If people need that to buy a ticket then let them stay home, there's plenty of proper football supporters who'd take their ticket. If Channel Seven want the entertainment to fill in their programming let them pay for it and hold it at Rod Laver Arena or the back of Bourke for that matter.

We had overflowing crowds before this yank style garbage began. Let's play the under 18 game at 9am, followed by the VFL Grand Final, then the main game. At half time have the little leaguers and give some quiet time for people in the crowd to talk among themselves.

If the AFL is going to insist the AFL grand final is always in Melbourne (well, not an if, its a fact), and there is always at least 3 non victorian teams playing in Victoria each H&A weekend, why doesnt the AFL buy a gated-community set of condo's in a quiet part of melbourne which they use to host the visiting teams. This gated community can have a small park for drills and fresh air.

This would be 10x better than a stuffy hotel. Far better for the players. and Probably far cheaper for the AFL. The AFL could airbnb it during the off season to bring in some cash.

Time to get professional.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Un-restrained emotion is what makes footy great. Back in your box self-appointed minister for boring!
    So it was okay that I burned my Swans cap last Saturday?
    BTW - In my defence it was an old, uncomfortable hat (really shallow), I was drunk and we played like @@@@. Also, my mates (not Swans supporters) thought it was pretty funny.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    BTW - In my defence it was an old, uncomfortable hat (really shallow), I was drunk and we played like @@@@. Also, my mates (not Swans supporters) thought it was pretty funny.
    Made me laugh, Rogue!
    It was a bad day but we now look forward to an exciting future. Very impressed by Horse’s speech- a great guy and we’re lucky to have him. Go Bloods!

Nothing better than being lectured by the self-righteous!

The standard you walk past is the standard you live with.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    You burned your Swans hat! Really? That's terrible. Is that even legal? And you have friends that don't support the Swans,
    and they laughed about the hat being burned. Dude, what sort of universe are you living in? I'm sure there is some crisis
    type number you can call. You need help.