Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Senior Player
    Would prefer to keep but if he wants to go a 1st rounder for Will would be the best possible outcome

Having said that KB will probably burn it again anyway

Warming the Bench
    I don't think that's fair. KB is a very good judge of talent and I for one am extremely happy that we have managed to have him and for so long!

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Syd76,
    I am with you on this. KB has been outstanding over the years and rarely has had a pick in the top ten. His ability to find diamonds deep into the draft is one of the main reasons why we have been so successful over the long term. That combined with good coaching and stable management is all part of it.
    One day caj23 may say something positive about club, but I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Did John Ralph just say on 360 ADL were prepared to offer a 1st and future 1st Rd pick for Will Haywood

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    Apparently! If true (and it's a big "if" with Ralph), it would give you pause for thought.

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=giant;883732]Apparently! If true (and it's a big "if" with Ralph), it would give you pause for thought.[/QUOTE

If it is true then it's no wonder Adelaide are struggling. No matter what one thinks about Will's "value" that's way over the top. That would make him about the top rated player in the comp.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Nico;883734]
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Apparently! If true (and it's a big "if" with Ralph), it would give you pause for thought.[/QUOTE

If it is true then it's no wonder Adelaide are struggling. No matter what one thinks about Will's "value" that's way over the top. That would make him about the top rated player in the comp.
    Because Jon Ralph has turned into a clickbait-obsessed fool, I suspect he has deliberately conflated Adelaide being after Wilbur, and Adelaide generally having their next two first round draft picks on the table for the right players.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=i'm-uninformed2;883735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Because Jon Ralph has turned into a clickbait-obsessed fool, I suspect he has deliberately conflated Adelaide being after Wilbur, and Adelaide generally having their next two first round draft picks on the table for the right players.
    To trot out diatribe like that tells me he has bugger all idea of what goes on. Sam Wicks and now this. Is there an agenda here?

Warming the Bench
    Will will be 26 next year. Two first rounders are nothing to be sneezed at.. even though I would like to keep him. I love his selfless play. His chase downs are next level, and he is a lovely kick. He is in the leadership group for a reason. So I don't want him to leave but KB and our list management team will weigh everything up. Is he keeping any kids back in the seconds? How much salary will be set aside for him?

Notwithstanding, if he wants to leave then having competitive tension between clubs will only be a good thing. If one pick is early.. say 1-6 and a mid teens pick.. then one would have to seriously consider it. But I want him to stay

[QUOTE=Nico;883737]
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

To trot out diatribe like that tells me he has bugger all idea of what goes on. Sam Wicks and now this. Is there an agenda here?
    I'm guessing that spell check just changed "diarrhoea" into "diatribe"?

Mills is going to be out for longer. He now has a calf injury!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Mills is going to be out for longer. He now has a calf injury!
    And this is an unfortunate but familiar way to start a sentence about Sam Reid's recuperation. "Sam was progressing well from his quad strain but..."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And this is an unfortunate but familiar way to start a sentence about Sam Reid's recuperation. "Sam was progressing well from his quad strain but..."
    Yeah, I might be more ready to agree with those I dissed for saying Sam's career was done. It's not looking good.

Round 8 Injury Update, presented by DURO-TUSS - YouTube