Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 MDT Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG 16.35pm

Upside was that MMM was "real live" this week.
    Jude must've said something.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    2012 GF?
    I stand corrected.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

We will win 6 of our last 8

Come 3rd I believe

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-04/the-road-to-the-2016-afl-finals-predicting-the-top-eight/7565800
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 4th July 2016 at 04:01 PM.

The ironic thing about Lloyd not being able to find anybody running to space to provide a get out target in the dying stages, is that Lloyd is usually that guy.

Fosdike was the master of gut running to space and provided a get out for the likes of Leo and Tadhg. Lloyd does a similar job...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Ladies and gents
    So much was lost prior to Lloyd kicking down the line like he should in that situation and more effort for a contest across the line was required

The top 6 are very evenly matched except on their day GWS and Hawks are to good for our inexperienced depth

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm pleased to see people speaking up for Lloyd - he's been good for us this year without necessarily being brilliant - but he's been a solid, reliable player. At first I was inclined to blame him, but the poor bloke was running in a circle and couldn't find a handy Swan anywhere, so kick long and hope for the best wasn't necessarily the poorest choice.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'd say thats put as toward a predicted 5th finish. We'll need to snag an "upset" win somewhere, or hope one of the top 4 drop a game unexpectedly.

It'd be hard enough to do the ladder predictor in R23. Absolutely impossible with 8 rounds to go unless you pick 9 winners every week.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    One thing im pretty comfortable about is that we are not going to win all 8 of our remaining games - especially without Tippo. I'd be more than happy with 6/8 to be honest, which will give us a decent shot at top 4.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Nankervis lost me when he was easily pushed over in that contest which lead to a goal. Sorry but his papers should be marked.

Dont play any ruckman at all. Just get a tall to contest it for the sake of it and position our mids to shark the tap.

We cant be carrying two lumbering talls, who if combined as one player still wont offer much.
    Never sold on Nankervis; if you are not fast and or have a tank you can't be a ruckman.

Love the guy but never saw the reasoning behind recruiting him in the first place.

Sinclair is very young and this experience will improve him no ends.

Did anyone watch AA on afl.com today??

Once again Tower catch napping and quite a few of our player not pushing back hard enough.

Still a take the positive note on all this; very young team in contention for a premiership.

Hawks will lose this week, we win at Geelong, and the hawks drop 5 places!
    doof-doof

I think there is a little bit of a balancing between having the right composition of players come finals time that can combat successfully the best teams vs just recruiting the best players

we have had to manufacture Lloyd, HarryC and Towers into what we need vs the high recruits that are more gifted at say GWS

Even mills and Heeney are altered to what we need at either end of the field instead of their rightful midfield possies and that means flat lining some weeks

The amount of young high picked outside players they have stocked has made their combo with the cherry picked Snr players is just awesome

Therefore we have had to put time into the fast and link players And that happens in an up and down profession in ability and mastery

Wananavu as they say in Fiji

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Sinclair is very young and this experience will improve him no ends.
    or he could be nearly 27. I suppose that's very young compared to me.