Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Not sure anyone is blaming the umps, but they did get a very kind run in the last....
    There looks like theres a lot of posts above that seem to leaning towards umpire bias to me. I agree that we always seem to get a raw deal from the maggots but it is certainly not why we struggle week in week out... basic skills would be a start!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=troyjones2525;775521]Seriously, we are going to blame the umpires for this one too??? Did Rampe not run over the mark by 2 meters??? Just like he climbed and shook the post 2 weeks ago and got away with it...

We played a Collingwood side that is missing probably 9 players from their best 22 and who would all walk into our team without a doubt!

They had 7 more scoring shots than us tonight, we are lucky it was that close. We need to be realistic at where we are at... if we were ever a chance to beat them then this was it and unfortunately blew it!

Time for a re-build through the draft.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Ignorant comment after we were two down in the midfield and still could have pinched it.

Sinclair is brave but he is unfortunately is not enough. He gets dominated by opposing ruckmen and as such the team is constantly under pressure from ball ups and stoppages. It was a different when Reid rucked as he was mobile just like Grundy was for the Pies.
    Maybe its time to give Cameron a go as finals are out of the equation. Never the less I was proud at the way the team played especially after loosing Hewett and Kennedy.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Hats off to Clarke, two weeks as a tagger, two big scalps, now looking like an inspired trade!

Sam Reid cops a lot on forums, undeservedly, just because he hasn't morphed into the next Wayne Carey like some expected, but he's had a good year and looks like Plugger has done wonders for his kicking :-)

Some of the stuff Blakey does is stunning, draft steal for sure.

Brave effort, shows that whilst we'll have a down year, the future is really bright, and suddenly we're playing footy we all want to watch.
    Agree with this.

Kudos to Horse too. He has created some structures the last few weeks that have curtailed the run and carry of the opposition. I love him on the bench too.

Mills was outstanding tonight too.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Seriously, we are going to blame the umpires for this one too??? Did Rampe not run over the mark by 2 meters??? Just like he climbed and shook the post 2 weeks ago and got away with it...

We played a Collingwood side that is missing probably 9 players from their best 22 and who would all walk into our team without a doubt!

They had 7 more scoring shots than us tonight, we are lucky it was that close. We need to be realistic at where we are at... if we were ever a chance to beat them then this was it and unfortunately blew it!

Some fair points there but your post became borderline ridiculous with that last bit.....there's so much to like about our list, our players efforts and standard of football in the last three weeks....and dare I say, the coaching.

[QUOTE=Blood Fever;775529]
    Seriously, we are going to blame the umpires for this one too??? Did Rampe not run over the mark by 2 meters??? Just like he climbed and shook the post 2 weeks ago and got away with it...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Ignorant comment after we were two down in the midfield and still could have pinched it.
    Well they were at least 1 down for longer but I guess if we are going to make excuses then I suppose we should be happy to get so close....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Some fair points there but your post became borderline ridiculous with that last bit.....there's so much to like about our list, our players efforts and standard of football in the last three weeks....and dare I say, the coaching.
    Ok so we don't need more quality kids??? Fair enough...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Blew it in the first 7-8 minutes of the last when we had 3 good chances but could only kick 2 behinds from them.
    Yes. Hayward doesn't get a lot of the ball but he should have kicked both those goals. If he does that he deserves his spot. If he is missing them that that costs us a player on the ground that could be doing more around the ground.

False dichotomy. How has that turned out for Carlton?

Veterans List
    Not what I mean at all....it's just you seem so bitter after two wins and a fighting 7 point loss to one of the flag favourites. Where's the positivity?

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=troyjones2525;775533]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Well they were at least 1 down for longer but I guess if we are going to make excuses then I suppose we should be happy to get so close....

Unrealistic expectations for a very young team. Impatient seemingly because of so much recent success.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    False dichotomy. How has that turned out for Carlton?
    Looks like they did alright last year. I'd be happy to see Sam Walsh in our side...

For every Carlton there's a number of other sides that have prospered from a couple of high draft picks. None less than Hawthorn when they drafted a couple kids named Franklin and Roughead with top 5 picks! I'd back our recruiters to make the right calls.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast