Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5, Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows, 7:50pm 20/04 SCG @sydneyswans #AFLSwansCrows

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Last week 5 disposals 0.1 if you think he would have made it he difference ...
    He may have given us more coverage in the back line after Mills went into the centre.

We need to get him up and going quickly to replace Grundy (waiting for the howls). Who is slow as treacle and was barely in the same postcode as his opponent.

Nick Smith is also coming to the end of his time, I expect these two to go at season's end.
    sprite

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Talking about momentum; why on earth did Hayward kick back to Jones on 50, instead of kicking on 45 degrees at about 20 metres. He kicks that and we are in front with all the running. I thought he was poor tonight and could hardly run in the last quarter. Really weak on the one on one contests. Surely Ronke gets a go next week.
    Hayward is a good kick for goal and I think he should have had the shot and most likely kicked the goal. That said Franklin TOLD him to pass it and he did what the senior player told him to do.
    Not a good idea by Franklin that time. hitting the post it almost came off.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We are slow as in pace and were really slow thinkers.
    I think we currently have the worse mid fieldin the AFL. Kennedy, Parker and Hannebury look like old men trying to play a young man's game. So bloody slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    At least 3 posters, Buddie missing easy set shots and field goals, Heeney missing 3 set shots, midfield getting spanked, our most lauded players not turning up.Everything is just Hunky Dory!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    They also missed some sitters. No way did we deserve to win that match.

Lot of dumb and dumber players are enlisted at the Swans... Buddy needs to quit spreading his arms wide - trying pressure a team mate to kick the ball just to him, there MAYBE a better option Buddy!

Anyways, Swans still doing better then this time last year A Positive lol

Senior Player
    Joy for joy, off to the cattery next week.

Melican back for that game.I love Hayward, but he needs to make way for Melican and have a spell in the 2s to get the knack of kicking goals again.

Can't drop Marsh after his game tonight.Keeping Marsh offers the chance to play Mills as a mid.Can't be any worse than the others.

A real toss up as to whether Ronke gets a game over Jack.

Positives though: Jones! That is all.

We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Last week 5 disposals 0.1 if you think he would have made it he difference ...
    Never suggested he would of made a big difference, all i was saying was we need another tall up forward to give some structure in the forward line. Buddy cant do it all.

Too often we (the Swans), win the games we aren't meant to, and loose those we should.
    I've long thought our natural habitat is the underdog.
    I'm always more confidant going into games when we are given little chance of winning, and conversely worried in games like tonight.
    I often wonder if this is a flaw in our clubs psyche....
    It helped us in 2005 and 2012....but hindered us in 2014 and 2016. So I guess it sometimes helps and sometimes hinders.
    Tonight it was a hinderance.
    Next week will be another story.......I hope.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Marsh was good and some of his play in the last quarter was purposeful and intelligent rather than just banging it forward. We had 16 more inside 50s by the end of the match but many were wasted when we just went long and blazed away.
    I like Marsh as a player. I think he should have played the 2016 G F with Mills not match fit. I would like to see him get more games even when Melican comes back. I prefer Marsh and Melican to Aliir.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    It is a myth that we have a super list. Not saying it isn't quite talented but we grind out a lot of wins and Buddy has got us over the line quite a lot. What was different tonight was that Kennedy, Parker, Jack and Hanneberry were all down together. We rely hugely on Kennedy and have taken for granted how incredibly consistent he has been. Backing him in again to bounce back but if he continues to struggle, it is a big problem.
    There are no replacements for this group. They are what has made Sydney such a solid team for the past half dozen years. They simply have to start playing better or we are cooked this year.

We were better in the 2nd half with Mills playing through the midfield. We might have won if we only kicked straight in those critical moments in the 4th quarter.

Reg had a poor game and really looked slow.

Senior Player
    Something wrong with the headspace of the players at the moment. Buddies judgement way off tonight.Heeney with the yips. Many players not prepared to have a crack.

We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Do we have an inside midfielder who can come in and get some clearances. I don't think so. We have too many outside glory boys. We are missing Mitchell big time.
    I said it then, and I'll say it again. I would have been prepared to sacrifice any of our other gun midfielders to keep Mitchell. Getting pick 13 in return for a 21 y.o. who will be a 6-7 time all Australian and a probable Brownlow medalist is a joke. In a few years our midfield will be old. That wouldn't have been an issue if we had Mitchell.