Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12 Swans v Eagles Sun 9-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rose looks like a footballer. He's the sort of player who could grow into senior footy if we keep him in the team.
    I agree Barry. I hope he gets a decent run here and stays on next year.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Robinson had Franklin as his "Monday Hero". That's normally in the opening segment of the show, but since it was a longer show with David King filling in for Robinson for the first half hour, this time it appeared about half way through the show. It was an excuse to show a brief highlights package of Franklin's goals. They also suggested they'd be talking more about the Swans later in the week. They probably won't, but most of the analysis of actual football is pretty shallow, unless it's a club in crisis.

As well as being out of (genuine) contention this year, and as well as being out of state (and thus largely out of mind for the Vic media), we are no longer a club-in-crisis. Even when we've been genuine contenders it's been common for whole weeks to go by without AFL360 even saying the word "Sydney", so it's not surprising to receive limited coverage now.
    Having just signed up for Kayo, I must say I am very disappointed in the fox footy "footy" shows like AFL360. I thought a pay station would be less vic centric than FTA. I'm in Sydney and paying for this biased rubish?
    Probably cancel my subscription before the 2 week trial finishes.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    However, I'm wondering about something else...the documentary about Adam Goodes was shown last week in Sydney. I imagine a lot of Swans players and staff would have attended. Amongst other things, the doco highlighted the booing Adam was subjected to by West Coast Eagles fans back in 2015.

I wonder if this galvanised the boys for the game on Sunday - against the West Coast Eagles.
    It certainly galvanised me. I was crook all weekend; dragged myself to see The Final Quarter on Saturday night and after being reminded how much I despise WC fans I was determined to go to the game on Sunday despite how hard I knew it would be for me physically. I was not disappointed. I feel like I got some petty revenge by being there to witness such a great win (and then went back home to bed!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, there were a number of Swans at the State Theatre on Friday night. My son spotted Parker and JPK on the "red carpet", and I
    saw Colless, Harley, Longmire & Blakey in a huddle, plotting and scheming about something no doubt.
    Apparently 'all the current Swans' were in attendance on the Friday night, according to Ian Darling.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Senior Player
    Having just signed up for Kayo, I must say I am very disappointed in the fox footy "footy" shows like AFL360. I thought a pay station would be less vic centric than FTA. I'm in Sydney and paying for this biased rubish?
    It will be interesting to see where footy broadcasting ends up with the "race to the bottom" that is going on now between the
    new streaming services cutting such a huge hole out of the revenue of traditional operators like Foxtel and FTA. It's hard to
    see how Foxtel will survive, and unless the AFL & the clubs can replace that revenue (which is a substantial chunk of their
    total revenue) somehow, there is going to be a lot of belt tightening going on in footy.

Fox footy can only be targetting ex "little" Victorians living in Sydney. I can't see the attraction for any Sydney based swans or giants fans who get all their games on FTA anyway.

Senior Player
    Based on the Sunshine Coast so Fox really is the only option I was aware of for ensuring I can either watch or tape every game. That and the Rugby Union. Oh and the NBA occasionally. If there is a more economical option available that delivers every Swans game without ad breaks I would probably lose Fox completely. With Stan Netflix and all the FTA streaming services content available there isn’t much else that I watch on Fox anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    So what exactly switched the team on from a hesitant indecisive and slow moving bomb-it-to-me (with all these others here too) to a swift cm perfect hard running masterclass ?
    It’s like they had an advance screening of Neale Danihers remarkable speech (with no notes) to the Group (sorry don’t know how to post it) about owning responsibility.
    Maybe Horse had his own magical wand.
    But I suspect they were not too far off a performance like this.
    At the start of the year they were a bunch of young guys learning to play as a team, with some players getting used to AFL footy again after extended periods out. Despite that, within games they had periods of dominance and moved the ball beautifully, but were unable to sustain it. Likewise, our midfield struggled earlier in the year, but since about Round 6 have been more consistent. Hewett has lifted his game to a new level, and Parker’s form has improved. It’s all starting to come together, but with such a young team there will still be ups and downs within games. I thought 2021 would see us right back in the pointy end conversation, but even next year might be a possibility, injuries and the Footy Gods willing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Based on the Sunshine Coast so Fox really is the only option I was aware of for ensuring I can either watch or tape every game. That and the Rugby Union. Oh and the NBA occasionally. If there is a more economical option available that delivers every Swans game without ad breaks I would probably lose Fox completely. With Stan Netflix and all the FTA streaming services content available there isn’t much else that I watch on Fox anyway
    I use Kayo. It’s much cheaper than Fox, and can be streamed onto a big screen.

I have often wondered why anyone outside of Melbourne would watch any shows on Fox Footy. Its Melbourne centricity is beyond belief

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I have often wondered why anyone outside of Melbourne would watch any shows on Fox Footy. Its Melbourne centricity is beyond belief
    I think that's only part of it. Most of them just aren't very good. Let's face it, you've really got to be a
    loose end to watch "Bounce".

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=KTigers;777229]I think that's only part of it. Most of them just aren't very good. Let's face it, you've really got to be a
    loose end to watch "Bounce".[/QUOTE

Enough nuffies here in Victoria to sustain it

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    It certainly galvanised me. I was crook all weekend; dragged myself to see The Final Quarter on Saturday night and after being reminded how much I despise WC fans I was determined to go to the game on Sunday despite how hard I knew it would be for me physically. I was not disappointed. I feel like I got some petty revenge by being there to witness such a great win (and then went back home to bed!).
    Trooper!!

Veterans List
    Footy Classified analysed our game and our turnaround and they spoke about Longmire. It might have helped that there weren't as many games played because of the bye so they found time to discuss us!