Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week 1 weekly discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Sounds like you are still sucked into the media anti-GWS bandwagon.
    My anti GW$ sentiments have nothing to do with the media.
    My anti Toby Green sentiments have noting to do with not liking GW$. I’d dislike his style of play (and frankly his personality) no matter who he played for
    Last edited by 0918330512; 10th September 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Senior Player
    Sounds like you are still sucked into the media anti-GWS bandwagon.
    Yep, the power of Eddie knows no bounds....

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, the power of Eddie knows no bounds....
    Can’t stand Eddie either

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    My anti GW$ sentiments have nothing to do with the media.
    My anti Toby Green sentiments have noting to do with not liking GW$. I’d dislike his style of play (and frankly his personality) no matter who he played for
    He would be a cult hero at the swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    My sense of the situation is that if this happened in round 10 then Greene would have missed a round at least

Because it’s finals all players not matter what team they are from tend to get a green light
    I think there's some truth in this. Good point.

He would be a cult hero at the swans.
    To some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think there's some truth in this. Good point.
    I think so too. It's a problem.

Senior Player
    I read somewhere no player has been suspended for anything since July....

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I read somewhere no player has been suspended for anything since July....
    Thats interesting, and i have had the feeling that they are letting a lot more go though.

However, I doubt Toby Greene would have been suspended in H&A. There was no eye-gauging, it was a bit a hair pulling, pushing head in the mud, and rubbing arm across face/head.
    None of which warrant a suspension.

They would have to invent a new "Toby Greene" rule, and then a few months later retract it once a high profile victorian was changed with the same thing.

Like Goodes was the pieied piper that led the racists out of the shadows, Toby Green is the pieied piper of the anti-expansionists.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    And the commentators remain silent. There were some shockers with the one against Davis taking the cake.
    At the end of the 1st quarter there was another shocker. The marking contest between Toby Greene and Easton Wood. Princess Toby executes the perfect block with his forearm and Wood threw himself forward and is paid a free. On replay it was so obvious that Wood was staging.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Yep, I was so happy seeing the Dogs get pounded!
    I don't like the Bont very much but I don't like any of the Bulldogs players (for obvious reasons). However, what Toby Greene did was very ordinary.

As for the game I was barracking for GWS because I just couldn't stand to see the game gifted to the Bulldogs. It really did look like the only way for GWS to have a chance of winning was to beat up the opposition - and they did exactly that. I doubt very much it was by chance. I think they would have had a definite plan to get physical if the umpires started to turn the game in favour of the Bulldogs. In general, I don't like this approach but how else can a team nullify biased umpiring.

#freekickGW$

What a tosser this bloke is.
    Had the gall to smirk during the "apology".
    Hope they lose their next game. He doesn't deserve a premmie medal.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I don't like the Bont very much but I don't like any of the Bulldogs players (for obvious reasons). However, what Toby Greene did was very ordinary.

As for the game I was barracking for GWS because I just couldn't stand to see the game gifted to the Bulldogs. It really did look like the only way for GWS to have a chance of winning was to beat up the opposition - and they did exactly that. I doubt very much it was by chance. I think they would have had a definite plan to get physical if the umpires started to turn the game in favour of the Bulldogs. In general, I don't like this approach but how else can a team nullify biased umpiring.
    The interesting thing to me was in the R22 game at Giants Stadium between GWS & the Bulldogs, the free kick count was 17-5 in the Bulldogs
    favour. Yes, the Dogs gave away 5 free kicks in an entire game of footy according to the umpires. Seems unimaginable how that is even possible.
    On Saturday the free kick count was 34-28 in the Dogs favour. So what happened to the Dogs game style in the space of three weeks to
    mean they gave away almost six times as many free kicks?. As is well known it was a physical game, but it was GWS doing the roughing
    up and applying relentless pressure. So you can see how they might give away some more free kicks than usual. But the Dogs total was also
    very high, 28, up from 5 three weeks earlier. Did they start unravelling because of the pressure from GWS? or something seriously wrong
    with the umpiring in R22? Five free kicks in an entire game!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast