Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Agreed. Buddy is a gun but the length of contract was unnecessary. Hawthorn wouldn’t have matched a 7 or 8 year contract on the same value, especially considering he was moving up here for love. Unfortunately, the need for a big name player IMO is over-stated by the club.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Have we not learned from past mistakes? He’ll be Tippett 2.0.

O for retrospect . If we only knew years ago that the Buddy, Tippert & Reid signings would only tease us to distraction !! Some are saying that Bud has paid for his contract but how the F do they really gauge this ? Swan fans support anyone in the red & white and i know how the VIC media think that he provides the greatest highlights ( agree ) but secretly glad that we haven't won a flag as the "millionaires " and have have tripped ourselves.

Unfortunately history shows they have some evidence.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We need to move on with our forward line. We can't count on either Franklin or Reid any longer. Our key forwards now are McCartin and Blakey. Hopefully either Amartey or McLean will come through and add some depth.

The situation with Franklin and Reid should be a warning that we should forget about Daniher, irrespective of his free agency status.

After drafting Campbell and Gulden this year, our midfield cupboard will be full and we can focus on KPFs starting from the 2021 draft.

Tall forwards are not as important as they used to be, especially if a team is quick and well skilled.
    Yes. While Daniher may not be the right man, claims at the time that our forward line was sufficiently stacked were off the mark. The move was good in theory.

But I think Heeney is our top goal-scorer this year. I would not be surprised to see McLean come in at some point; the lad can take a contested mark and throws his body around.
    Last edited by MattW; 28th May 2020 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Typo: 'would' to 'would not'

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    With other players from his draft retiring does anyone think Franklin's body is gone as far as playing goes.
    Yep, I think the end is coming quickly for buddy. Can't see him playing much after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I never understood why we gave him a 10 year contract, we could've easily priced the Hawks out with a 7 year deal (as was initially reported)

I get that Buddy and his manager wanted the $ and length, and he certainly has been worth the high price tag thus far, but these last few years of his contract are going to kill us

It would be nice if one of the benefits of the current situation is that we can renegotiate the deal
    Last 3 yrs we have been whinging about losing Mitchell due to salary cap concerns
    Put Buddys money over 7 yrs and Mitchell wouldnt have been the only decent player that left

Buddy has been a big financial contributer to the swans bottom line, but the cold hard facts are that we still lost half a million last year, and didn't have the finances to ride out covid like some of the big clubs did.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Buddy has been a big financial contributer to the swans bottom line, but the cold hard facts are that we still lost half a million last year, and didn't have the finances to ride out covid like some of the big clubs did.
    He might bring fans into the SCG but he also takes up a big chunk of our salary cap. I’m a huge fanboy ... but I’d love someone to do a sliding doors with what would have happened if Buddy had gone to GWS. I hate to use the M word, but every chance Mitchell and Mummy would not have left.

we would have paid over to keep mummy..... the guy who was subbed out of a GF in favour of a Canadian in his 3rd yr of senior footy

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Different hammy. Wait for the scans before getting too upset.
    All the details in this video update.

Franklin Injury Update - May 28, 2020

Indications are "slightly worse than last year's" - which was 9 weeks.

htf is a non tendon hammy 9 weeks ?
    do we look at everyone elses schedule and double it ?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    we would have paid over to keep mummy..... the guy who was subbed out of a GF in favour of a Canadian in his 3rd yr of senior footy
    That Canadian had a pretty good year in 2013 when they made that decision.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Pyke fell off the cliff with injuries far earlier than anyone expected.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast