Page 322 of 418 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 3,853 to 3,864 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

5. Missed out on Vandenberg - 50/50
    6. Missed out on Langdon - LOSS
    7. Missed out on Moore - LOSS
    8. Missed out on Harley’s outside run - LOSS
    9. Missed out on Harley’s Key Position player - LOSS
    10. To now have picks 38,39,40 which probably won’t have to be used for Blakey - WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    5. Missed out on Vandenberg - 50/50
    6. Missed out on Langdon - LOSS
    7. Missed out on Moore - LOSS
    Vandenberg, Langdon, and Moore were not traded anywhere so I can't see how you can say we missed out on them. They each re-signed with their own clubs. Just because they signed late, it is no different to us re-signing Lloyd or Aliir.

AB, we see opportunity differently .

I want to see a squad that is significantly increasing in depth, quality and performance

Other clubs had opportunities to attract high quality players just as we had an opportunity

North, hawks, bombers made it happen

We didn’t

I’m not trying to change ur opinion

I am just annoyed with minimal traction vs other competing teams

Harley's outside run is pretty good. I saw him running outside closely followed by a woman with a baseball bat. It might have been AnnieH.

Mav Weller for free, anyone?????

Harley had to deal with the contract in place by previous staff with Hannebery
    This has stufled the trade period as far as new talent coming in
    Ireland did heaps for the club but im happy if Harley is putting the torch on horse and his coaching group, gameplan is sh8t

We may have lost some assistants but they are hardly clarkson type assistants
    When we got Kirk back everyone said he was the reason for Freos rise

We have the list just need the coaching box to catch up with the times
    If that means Harley micro manages them then good

Harley also would have been captain when they all got up Bomber thompson and a few of the players in 05-06 which started the Geelong era of 3 Premierships

AB, we see opportunity differently .

I want to see a squad that is significantly increasing in depth, quality and performance

Other clubs had opportunities to attract high quality players just as we had an opportunity

North, hawks, bombers made it happen

We didn’t

I’m not trying to change ur opinion

I am just annoyed with minimal traction vs other competing teams
    I agree that we haven't had as good a trade period as I had hoped nor have we had as good a trade period as the Victorian teams you mentioned. However, when you look at the individual trades that have been completed, I think we are in front overall. For me, our midfield does improve next year with Mills, Jones, and Clarke added. It's not all doom and gloom.

and now melb with Steven May and “collarJazzKnee”

Great improvement

And if The Pies get Beams aswell

Good luck swans

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Mav Weller for free, anyone?????
    God no.

I'm happy with the 2 trades both players fill Gaps - I only judge Hanners on his last 2 seasons and see more upside in Clark.
    Thurlow is also a good prospect, tall Left footer with good kicking skills, exactly what we needed across HB - add COR and we look good defensively..... if Melican comes back.
    Midfield looks light for outside speed but if Florent continues to improve with Jones and then add Mills inside with Dawson, Clark (inside?) and the balance looks and feels better.
    Up front starts to look better with Heeney, Mills, Dawson, Jones, Clark rotation. Possibly Sinclair spends more time Fwd to support Buddy and Reid, improvement from Hayworth, Paps, Ronke its all good.
    I don't think there was much wrong with the 2018 game-plan given who we had on the park at times, i think my expectation was top 6 and see how we went from there, as finals are influenced by those season long niggles and injuries. No surprise where and how we finished. Draft picks and rookies to come, we have been very good at selecting rookies - I feel very optimistic for 2019

Cheers

Waz - pondering whilst enjoying half full schooner.
    Last edited by Wazza; 17th October 2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: year - 2019

Senior Player
    Harley's quotes on official site:

We’re pleased to be able to secure the trade with Geelong to bring Jackson to Sydney,” Harley said.

“At 24-years-old we think Jackson has a lot of good football ahead of him and will be a great addition to our defensive group.

“A former first-round draft pick, Jackson’s a great kick, he’s quick and damaging off a half-back-flank and on the wing and he’s a great character and we look forward to welcoming him and partner Laura to Sydney.”