Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 9: the other games.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If the Crows lose this, I suspect many of their fans will be a bit pissed off with Nicks. He tactically subbed out young key defender, Daniel Curtin, at half time, only to lose key defender, Josh Worrell, a couple of minutes into the second half, with what looked like a broken wrist.
    I’ve got a couple of mates in Adelaide who are Crows fans. They’ve gone from loving him last year and thinking they were robbed (I agree with them to drive them mad) to wanting to run him out of town

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’ve got a couple of mates in Adelaide who are Crows fans. They’ve gone from loving him last year and thinking they were robbed (I agree with them to drive them mad) to wanting to run him out of town
    Yes, their Bigfooty autopsy thread is almost on par with Bulldogs fans and Beveridge. Which seems quite harsh on Nicks.

Feel really sorry for this fan. The contact was really friendly from both player and fan. The way the AFL statement referred to the fan was terrible. Treating him like a teenager that had been grounded.

Collingwood Magpies fan banned for grabbing West Coast Eagles Harvey Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Feel really sorry for this fan. The contact was really friendly from both player and fan. The way the AFL statement referred to the fan was terrible. Treating him like a teenager that had been grounded.

Collingwood Magpies fan banned for grabbing West Coast Eagles Harvey Johnston
    Why would you touch a player like that especially during a game, no matter what his intentions are - I feel the punishment fit the crime on this occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Why would you touch a player like that especially during a game, no matter what his intentions are - I feel the punishment fit the crime on this occasion
    It happened in a split second and the fan acted in a naturaly friendly way.

If you’re going to ban this fan then everyone who ran onto the SCG for Buddy’s 1000 goal should be banned. I was on the ground for that moment and San Wicks walked past me pretty closely. I should be banned along with everyone else. Come on AFL come and give me my years ban.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    He'll have plenty of time to concentrate on his degree in Rocket Science.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He'll have plenty of time to concentrate on his degree in Rocket Science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    It happened in a split second and the fan acted in a naturaly friendly way.

If you’re going to ban this fan then everyone who ran onto the SCG for Buddy’s 1000 goal should be banned. I was on the ground for that moment and San Wicks walked past me pretty closely. I should be banned along with everyone else. Come on AFL come and give me my years ban.
    One event was planned for so not really a like for like comparison and interesting that you could have reached out and touched Wicks BUT you showed restraint/common sense and didn't.... think you have your own answer there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123