Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Western Bulldogs

Veteran Site Admin
    That's a pretty big vote of confidence for Aliir, after such an interrupted month. I thought they'd favour Marsh (who was very good last week) against the smaller Dogs but maybe, as Ludwig suggested during the week, they're looking forward to the Crows game next week. It will be interesting to see whether they give Aliir any minutes in the ruck. He hasn't played there before at senior level but he did a bit of pre-season training rucking. And with both Reid and Rohan missing from the forward line, they may want to play Towers forward a bit.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Aliir, Newman, Jones for Melican, Reid, Rohan

Something for everyone in those ins
    Aliir had limited game time in the NEAFL last week, big step up. Jones was a given if he pulled up ok from training and Newman, how did he get dropped anyway?

Plenty of run for the fast deck at Etihad. I'm flying over from Adelaide with my footy mad 5yo grandson, he doesn't know it yet but I've bought him a Swans Guernsey to wear to the game. He'll be disappointed that his favourite player Rohan is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's a pretty big vote of confidence for Aliir, after such an interrupted month. I thought they'd favour Marsh (who was very good last week) against the smaller Dogs but maybe, as Ludwig suggested during the week, they're looking forward to the Crows game next week. It will be interesting to see whether they give Aliir any minutes in the ruck. He hasn't played there before at senior level but he did a bit of pre-season training rucking. And with both Reid and Rohan missing from the forward line, they may want to play Towers forward a bit.
    Maybe bringing Aliir in against the Doggies is a free hit as they aren�t that tall. Why not give him a go in the ruck too?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    With the Dogs�s small forward line, they may even try Aliir replacing Reid as a roaming half forward. And he would be perfect in replicating Reid in dropping back to defence in the last 5 minutes of each quarter.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    he doesn't know it yet but I've bought him a Swans Guernsey to wear to the game. He'll be disappointed that his favourite player Rohan is missing.
    Hope he doesn't hang around on RWO - you'll have spoilt the surprise for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    With the Dogs�s small forward line, they may even try Aliir replacing Reid as a roaming half forward. And he would be perfect in replicating Reid in dropping back to defence in the last 5 minutes of each quarter.
    I can't see Aliir playing forward unless that is his plan for the future. We should be using this game to help him gather some confidence and experience in the backline. If anything, I can see merit in giving Rampe more of a midfield/wing rotation role.

Excellent inclusions. Let's go boys!

Adelaide have selected 5 tall forwards this week, so Reg, Rampe and Aliir will have their work cut out for them. I would think we would want to give Aliir some time adjusting to working with our senior defenders.

Aaron Naughton looks a very good young defender, but guarding Buddy will be a whole new experience. Buddy will almost certainly get a double team from Easton Wood. We should be able to create the open man in the forward line. This should be the key message going into the game.

Sinclair should be able to take English forward at times and try to exploit that matchup.

The Bulldogs give you a lot of opportunities on turnovers and D50 rebounds.

Veterans List
    Really glad to see Newman back in the side. They've pulled the trigger on Allir but it's a good thing I think. Jones, hopefully he's cherry ripe, as we need his speed. Quite chuffed with those selections.......

Very positive selections for this week, go get em lads!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    Very positive selections for this week, go get em lads!
    Marsh unlucky again. Hasn't done much wrong when he has played.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I'd bring in Fox for Melican, Jones for Reid (with Heeney spending more time forward) and if Rohan is unavailable then Newman comes in for him.
    Sounds good to me. No need to replace them with talls against the "bravedogs". Aliir isn't up to it yet and we will need leg speed/precision kicking. I think that Newman might find his way in somehow, maybe in Contention with Fox.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast