Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 MDT Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG 16.35pm

Suspended by the MRP
    The reality is, without tippett we are going to struggle.

at one stage last night the dogs had a massive amount of the ball. Sinclair and nanners isnt going to cut it.

We might as well concede the hit out and just set up to shark the tap and win the clearances. Has any coach ever decided to not even play a ruckman...haha because playing two ineffectual ones like we are atm is like playing with 2 players less, useless and its not like these two are actually doing anything up forward.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've been impressed all year by the resilience of the Bulldogs and still haven't worked out how they do it, but they keep on coming and they are relentless. Geelong were lucky that they got them before the bye and they were spent and couldn't kick straight.
    Dogs have fast little players. How many times did you see them burn our players last night and spread well? I saw a few swan players be left flat footed from the dogs pace. They havent got a lot of mid to tall players who slow them down, they remind me of when Carlton used to win flags using midgets who ran into space all the time.

Pushing for Selection
    No one has questioned mcveighs decision to kick long to a out numbered contest, with one minute to go, two short kicks out of defence would have done. We always have a short on to the side of the square, not sure that decision was correct. That's where we miss sammy Reid, the only swan that is a natural mark.
    That's what cost us in the end.
    Anyhow, beat the cats down there and we will all be smiling again.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I am really sick to death of this attitude, umpires have made so many terrible decisions this year and a game like AFL 1 terrible umpiring decision swings the whole game. 1 @@@@ umpires call can swing momentum in a flash. I have never experienced this in any code i have followed.
    Everyone is aware that umpires make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes are game changers. But what's the point of blaming the umpires, unless you're intimating that the umpires are making biased decisions. Players make mistakes. AFL footy is a fast game that's hard to play and hard to umpire as well. I think that's what we can take from the number of contentious umpiring decisions. There are so many difficult calls to make during any given game that it's amazing how few they get wrong.

I get just as frustrated by the poor decisions, especially when they go against the Swans, but we have to accept that it's just part of the game and hope that it evens out for both sides most of the time. It's hard to know what the solution is, because I'm sure the umpires are doing their best.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    You know what. We are a young team with 6 players playing there first game this year and a pile of other young and inexperienced players who are having a real go. We still have a chance to win the flag this year. So we lost today in a close one, we lost a few in 2012 too.
    Go swannies.
    Nicely put, I never thought we'd be a chance this year, I had it down as an experience building year.
    But I also realise you need to take every chance you can to get to a GF, and it is an exciting possibility for this year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Fully agree - hanners was just plain dumb and still kept whinging after goal kicked - undisciplined act from a leader - kirky should have run out and given him the nick Davis talk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Everyone is aware that umpires make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes are game changers. But what's the point of blaming the umpires, unless you're intimating that the umpires are making biased decisions. Players make mistakes. AFL footy is a fast game that's hard to play and hard to umpire as well. I think that's what we can take from the number of contentious umpiring decisions. There are so many difficult calls to make during any given game that it's amazing how few they get wrong.

I get just as frustrated by the poor decisions, especially when they go against the Swans, but we have to accept that it's just part of the game and hope that it evens out for both sides most of the time. It's hard to know what the solution is, because I'm sure the umpires are doing their best.
    Fully agree - great post - my thoughts exactly.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What was the free for to begin with again? I recall it was really soft. Hanners did think it was our free.
    I believe it was for a hold of the arm in the marking contest before the ball was spoiled and Dan ended up with it- I think it was a reasonable call to make.
    Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 12.39.06 pm.jpg
    I agree with ugg, it was the correct decision- Dan appears to be looking at the umpire when he signals it as a Bulldogs free, and he seems to be kicking it to the umpire. I assume it was just a brain snap, it sucks but it was a fair decision.

- - - Updated - - -

If Isaac Heeney wasn't Isaac Heeney I wonder if he'd be having a run around in the NEAFL for a couple of weeks.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

The only two that really stood out to me were the free to Bontempelli in the 2nd which was a high contact call that barely reached his chest and the non-call for Stringer's push in the back in the goal square. I think the issue is that calls like that, which are so obvious, lead to goals. There are so many contests around the ground all through a game where 50/50 decisions could go one way or the other. Having said that, Gaz clearly chopped the arms of one of their guys in the forward 50 in the 4th and a free wasn't paid.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The only two that really stood out to me were the free to Bontempelli in the 2nd which was a high contact call that barely reached his chest and the non-call for Stringer's push in the back in the goal square. I think the issue is that calls like that, which are so obvious, lead to goals. There are so many contests around the ground all through a game where 50/50 decisions could go one way or the other. Having said that, Gaz clearly chopped the arms of one of their guys in the forward 50 in the 4th and a free wasn't paid.
    I am intrigued about the OOB decision when Sinclair appeared to take a single grab inside the line before crossing it. Can't tell from the replay. Did anyone at the ground see it because I thought that actually changed the trend at the time?

Not that I want to blame umpires because thought there was some real mental weakness out there on our behalf.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Last night was unbelievable. I was sitting in the Trumper stand. I knew there was 1 minute 40 seconds to go because of a text message. The players must have known too...

Why oh why didn't they just shut it down?

Soooo frustrating...people around me were throwing things on the ground in disgust...walking away in a huff, screaming obscenities..( I contributed a few of those too) truly a heartbreaking loss...

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I am really sick to death of this attitude, umpires have made so many terrible decisions this year and a game like AFL 1 terrible umpiring decision swings the whole game. 1 @@@@ umpires call can swing momentum in a flash. I have never experienced this in any code i have followed.

This notion of not blaming umpires by AFL fans is the EXACT reason why umpiring in this code sucks Barry.

I'll stop blaming umpires the minute you agree ANZ is a @@@@hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Rubbish post mate, our leaderships fine. We were just beaten by a better and more hngry to the contest side.

And yes umpires play a massive factor, deal with it buddy. You follow a code where umpires @@@@ up in every single game, every single one and you arrogantly dismiss anyone who dares calls this out, who the hell gave you this entitlement!?
    Thanks Kilroy. Very easy to see...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast