Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I a bad fan???

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieAnge View Post
    Someone rang me after the game and accused me of not being ARF as I left my seat in the MAN at about the 20 minute mark of the 4th quarter and watched the rest of the game in the Ladies stand
    NARF! If you don't want strange phone calls don't give me your number
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAnge View Post
    Someone rang me after the game and accused me of not being ARF as I left my seat in the MAN at about the 20 minute mark of the 4th quarter and watched the rest of the game in the Ladies stand

Yes had the same person rung me with that diatribe he would have copped an absolute gob full back from me. As Ange and I left together Ange ran around to the ladies stand I was watching the telly at the back of the SCG members - problem was this old bloke kept yelling at me - I had to politely tell him to shut up as I couldnt hear the radio commentary. Then finally the siren went and it was off to the bus (and that stupid woman who said that we would beat Geelong by 65 points!)!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Yes I am a bad fan but can you blame me. But in my defense I sat through all of the 2005 Pre Lim game v Geelong game and the game this season v West Coast.

What's funny is that AFL.com.au must have known I turned off when Pav took that mark because they have a replay of the last 5 minutes of the game on their site from when Pav is about to kick the point... hehe, thanks AFL.com.au

Bevan 2010 = Brownlow Medalist.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    You are not a bad fan. You were just letting your frustrations boil over. Understandable given the importance of the match & the phlegmatic opponent we were playing. I was physically sick in that last quarter as well. Had B52s in my stomach even at the end of the game, even though I was elated we won.

The bad fans were the ones who bought memberships but didn't turn up against Freo because we have been losing of late. The crowd looked horrendous on the TV; wouldn't have been much over 20000 by the look of things.

It is amazing how (some) Sydney people seem to think that following a team that has lost a couple is somehow bad for their image, thus giving them a reason to find 'something better to do'. What about sticking things out for when things come good.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    You are not a bad fan. You were just letting your frustrations boil over. Understandable given the importance of the match & the phlegmatic opponent we were playing. I was physically sick in that last quarter as well. Had B52s in my stomach even at the end of the game, even though I was elated we won.

The bad fans were the ones who bought memberships but didn't turn up against Freo because we have been losing of late. The crowd looked horrendous on the TV; wouldn't have been much over 20000 by the look of things.

It is amazing how (some) Sydney people seem to think that following a team that has lost a couple is somehow bad for their image, thus giving them a reason to find 'something better to do'. What about sticking things out for when things come good.

JF
    I'll only miss a game if I'm hospitalised (or if my brother decides to get married again).

I've turned down heaps of invitations to things like weddings and parties because they've fallen on the same day as a home game. People should check the calendar before they make party plans!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'll only miss a game if I'm hospitalised (or if my brother decides to get married again).

I've turned down heaps of invitations to things like weddings and parties because they've fallen on the same day as a home game. People should check the calendar before they make party plans!!

I admit my nerves were shot to bits - that is why I left with Ange - however we were watching it down stairs - so we saw the finish and total and it was a huge relief!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how Annie managed to keep sms-ing and managing to convey the excitement of the game all at the same time - or maybe that was just me. I had all the blokes in the restaurant asking me for score updates on the qt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I don't know how Annie managed to keep sms-ing and managing to convey the excitement of the game all at the same time - or maybe that was just me. I had all the blokes in the restaurant asking me for score updates on the qt.
    You were both providing a good community service - Annie with the at ground score's and Lucky passing the same information to the restaurant patrons.

No-ones perfect mate. Forget about it. At least you saw the end. I fell asleep during the thriller game from last year where we came back from heaps down and won. I woke up in the middle of the news... doh!
    Diabolical, triabolical, quadrabolical...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    It WAS exciting!! I think the lead changed 14 times.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Firstly, I'm blonde, so that's probably it right there some might say. But to lose track of the score because you are frantically texting your mates who would normally be sitting across the ground from you, but aren't cause they're at a stupid party, and so when mcfarlin hits the post you think the score is level and then you somehow don't take account of any more goals and of course you don't look at the scoreboard cause you know, you know, so then you are freaking out cause we are playing kick to kick and we need to get THE BALL DOWN THE OTHER END AND KICK A GOAL OR A POINT, I DON'T CARE WHICH, and you wonder why everyone seems OK with this and then why does the place roar with delight when the siren goes and everyone stands and the song starts. But its a draw you think, what's going on, and then you look at the scoreboard. Don't know about bad fan, but dumb, most certaibnly.
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

I was at a 30th birthday at the Fox and Lion, so close yet so far!!
    And the pub didn't even have the game on so I was using my wife's mobile to check the scores. Stopped checking it in the 4th when Freo was comfortably in front and only found out about the win when the fans starting coming in after the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast