Page 288 of 418 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 3,445 to 3,456 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Don't be a Harley apologist now.

Hanners ? Jack? Towers?
    Wonderful wonderful hindsight.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hoping we somehow manage to get Langdon with our pick 40 to help ease the loss of our pick 28 with Hannebery, but doubt it. Still don't know if Langdon wants to leave Pies anyhow.
    Not the end of the world if nothing more happens. What we need is more luck with injuries and natural improvement from our young players. Also, the rookie Draft, where we have been absolute masters of, is still to come- Lloyd, Smith, Grundy, Rampe, Ronke, Papley, Jack, and that's just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    I think we are now in the position we can only just scrape together the picks/points for Blakey and Langdon.
    Touch and go. Unless the Pis are willing to take Saints 2019 2nd rounder for Langdon - probably pick 20-25.
    In that case we can get Langdon, Blakey and another good kid in the 2nd round.

- - - Updated - - -

Would 18 + 26 get May? Equivalent of a pick 6-7. Seems fair to me.
    Let GC decide if they would prefer 26 now or Saints 2019 2nd rounder.
    That does sound fair, but wouldn't surprise me if GC demand more like pick 18 & their 2019 1st round. I'm clinging to the hope we could land Langdon for one of our later picks (38 or 40) if Pies need to offload him in order to fit May into their salary cap. May hasn't also yet officially requested to be traded.

I’m calling it now. After our mostly dud trades so far & so much productive activity at nearly every other club, I reckon we have a BIG fish hidden away until other clubs are too committed with lists & finances to stop us. I’ll be clinging to this until 830pm Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I’m calling it now. After our mostly dud trades so far & so much productive activity at nearly every other club, I reckon we have a BIG fish hidden away until other clubs are too committed with lists & finances to stop us. I’ll be clinging to this until 830pm Wednesday
    Jackson McRae? There was a unreliable twitter rumour we are chasing him.
    But there's more chance St. Kilda will hand back our pick 28 than that happening!

Applaud your resolve though!
    Last edited by KSAS; 12th October 2018 at 06:11 PM.

I still think Libba, although I may be alone in this.

Libba might be worth a shot

Did he do his acl ?

I think we need a med back no matter what plus a running outside back / wing

——

I wonder with the tiny amount we received with Rohan is there anyone that the cats may let walk to us? Ie a player there were not going to re-sign anyway

Geelong Cats
    Unsigned: George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow

Now that the free agency period has closed, the remaining FA players can only join new clubs via trades unless they are delisted.

If they delist themselves they must nominate for the NAB AFL Draft or pre-season draft, but if they are delisted by their clubs they are eligible for delisted free agency.

As a minimum it better be langdon wishful for may though

Ordinary trade period otherwise

Hoping Langdon doesnt do a Moore on us

In short who are we going to use picks 26 and 33 for in this trade period ?

I don’t think it’s likely we will use for the draft and we wanted to bring in a back and no doubt had to use one of the picks

Will we use the second round pick for next year or our first ? For a significant trade this year? Ie doing a hawks / Geelong approach

My gut feeling is that makes sense if we have a couple targeted players and we can make the trade to use 26 and 33 for a trade now

Who would like the picks? Or points?
    Who wants to trade in other players and will need to offload?

Could we so boldly go after Wingard and t.Langdon ? Or Ed Langdon

pick 33 plus our first round next year for Wingard

Pick 26 for Tom Langdon

Pick 33 plus our next year second round from saints to freeo for Ed Langdon ? Offer him a 4yr deal like we did for kennedy / mummy and make it hard for freeo

—————-

From an early post to recap points picks etc

So it appears we now have after hannes trade:

picks 26,33,38,39,40,67 and future second round next year which might be mid 20s

So next year will be approx 13,23,33

So if we keep 26,33 picks this year for trades ie Langdon and maybe another like Howe at the hawks or a fast winger preferably with say some afl experience 40 games plus :

We can go 38,39,40,67 = 1400pts approx and that is pick 6 in the draft for Blakey with the 20% discount

He ain’t going lower then pick 5.......so that’s cool and can go slight deficit for next year if we have used our trade picks 26 and 33 already

If Blakey goes for less pts we are stuck using say pick 40 and 67 this year which using pick 40 I’m sure we would get good value as we usually do

If Blakey goes pick 4 we cough up deficit pts next year ie maybe second or 3rd round next year ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 12th October 2018 at 06:47 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Now that Hogan is staying at the Demons, they won't be chasing Stephen May (so they said anyway).

Which means the Wobbles are a top chance to secure May if he decides to move...You'd think

Which in turn means Langdon will be more expendable to the Wobbles...You'd think.

Which in turn enhances our chance of securing Langdon....You'd think.

I'm searching for some positives out of today, and this is the best I can come up with.
    May also increase the likelihood of Freo securing Langdon.

Not directed at you EK, but there are a lot of early calls bemoaning our trade performance. Let's wait to see how it pans out.

If we had picked up someone it wouldn’t be so bad , but to give up hanners and Rohan for absolute peanuts , and not add anyone ( other than Clarke who could be a gun bit could also be a dud ) , geez that’s average from our lot. Eyes to next year maybe but buddy ain’t getting any younger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk