Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Power v Swans Sat 10-Aug at Adelaide Oval #AFLPowerSwans @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I think we will see incremental improvement next year, and have no doubt we will pick up a few more of the 'close' games compared to this year (we have lost a lot of close ones this year) - but also feel like it'll be 2021 before we see a strong upwards swing in fortunes.

I agree. Swans fans need to have a bit of faith in the coaching staff and club management. These folk are proven performers over a
    long period of time. I mean how many finals series have we missed? Two in god knows how many years. Two premierships and five
    GF appearances in the last 15 years. Most teams and their supporters would kill for a record like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree. Swans fans need to have a bit of faith in the coaching staff and club management. These folk are proven performers over a
    long period of time. I mean how many finals series have we missed? Two in god knows how many years. Two premierships and five
    GF appearances in the last 15 years. Most teams and their supporters would kill for a record like this.
    I'm not sure there are that many coaches and management staff left if you equate the "proven .. period of time" from 2005 to 2012.
    Staff change, clubs culture evolves. Nothing is constant.

What about the "proven failure" over the 1934 to 2004 period. Does that have any relevancy ?

Oh dear.
    Next year is looking great already. I have complete faith they'll be better next year once those kids get a bit more experience.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm not sure there are that many coaches and management staff left if you equate the "proven .. period of time" from 2005 to 2012.
    Staff change, clubs culture evolves. Nothing is constant.

What about the "proven failure" over the 1934 to 2004 period. Does that have any relevancy ?
    Yeah, but you would think the current coaching and admin staff might inherit something from their
    predecessors. Not sure they walk into a vacuum the first day they rock up to work.

Also I guess I would have thought making the finals since about 03 has pretty much been a constant.

Pre 2004? Pretty sure I went to quite a number of finals games in the mid to late 90s. I even remember
    a grand final in there somewhere...

Anyways, I always figure different people have different definitions of what constitutes success. Otherwise
    there'd be a whole less posting on this site.

Until Sinkers got injured we were a chance to make the eight.

We’ve been playing with no ruckman no Buddy ever since.

Put those two back into the side and add in one experienced mid and I think we’ll go OK.

Our list is very thin ATM

Opti-pessi-misti
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Put those two back into the side and add in one experienced mid and I think we’ll go OK.

Sinclair back would make a massive difference. However ideally I'd play him in Reid's role as 2nd/3rd tall and let him help out an actual ruck (be it Naismith, Cameron or someone we pick up in the off season). I'd then shift Reid into defence. Also I'd move Mills into the midfield.

I think for our off-season are most obvious needs are a solid ruckman (Preuss, Goldstein, Ryder etc) and a gun midfielder. After that a KPD and a quality small forward would be massive for our list.

Our list only needs tweaking, it needs depth as the injuries to key players have shown this season. It's shown without certain players we're quite an average side.
    Last edited by longmile; 12th August 2019 at 02:52 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Sinclair back would make a massive difference. However ideally I'd play him in Reid's role as 2nd/3rd tall and let him help out an actual ruck (be it Naismith, Cameron or someone we pick up in the off season). I'd then shift Reid into defence. Also I'd move Mills into the midfield.

I think for our off-season are most obvious needs are a solid ruckman (Preuss, Goldstein, Ryder etc) and a gun midfielder. After that a KPD and a quality small forward would be massive for our list.

Our list only needs tweaking, it needs depth as the injuries to key players have shown this season. It's shown without certain players we're quite an average side.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Thank goodness some posters on here actually look at the 'big picture'.

Everyone seems to have gone all Nostradamus after we got flogged by Port, making it 6 in a row.

I do think our list has some gaping holes in it, above all on the ball where we are being routinely slaughtered (17th for clearances behind only Richmond!!!, 16th for contested possessions etc), but its not as bad as people think.

I'm hoping that these problems aren't a complete surprise to those within the club and that there will be a significant improvement in the off-season.

Some would say we were playing with no ruckman when sinkers was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Some would say we were playing with no ruckman when sinkers was playing.
    That’s a bit harsh. He did an amazing job for nearly two years, but he should NOT be playing number 1 ruck.

Coaches votes: 2 to Florent, 1 to Heeney, 0 to Lloyd.