PDA

View Full Version : Twilight

ugg
3rd September 2011, 11:36 PM
Overrated series of books but what did you make of the time slot?

Having sat through a fair few reserves matches that begin around 4pm I knew from experience that it could get bitterly cold once the sun went down despite the sunny weather int the afternoon and so it proved today. There were quite a few patrons in shorts and T-shirts who seemed to be freezing in the 2nd half.

Nich
3rd September 2011, 11:42 PM
I loved it. Sun in the O'Reilly stand for the first half, dusk for the 2nd half. More than happy.

Big Al
3rd September 2011, 11:42 PM
Loved the timeslot. Late enough for all the junior sport commitments to be finished and earlier enough so you can go out if you wish.

ScottH
3rd September 2011, 11:45 PM
Pain in the butt.

Xie Shan
3rd September 2011, 11:55 PM
The crowd seemed to like it, 27,000 against a bottom-four side is a great turnout for Sydney...

Strange, going to a day/nighter at the SCG, only to watch the footy, not the cricket!! Otherwise I liked the timeslot. It seemed to take a while for the players to adjust to the changed conditions in the second half, perhaps because the Swans and Lions don't normally play twilight games.

Damien
4th September 2011, 12:00 AM
Loved it, hopefully with AFL being on 7Mate next year, we can get a few of these timeslots, god knows we have no hope normally on FTA on getting timeslots that interfere with News broadcasts.

I loved it and I agree with the Cricket Day/Nighter comparison, LOVED the SCG tonight.

teddys mum
4th September 2011, 12:38 AM
Great time slot but only works on a Saturday. Agree with Big Al, early enough finish to go out...and watch Carlton not getting with the program.

I like in order - Friday night, then Saturday twilight, and then Saturday 2.10pm.

desredandwhite
4th September 2011, 01:02 AM
Not a fan. Ruins your afternoon AND night. Very uncomfortable to watch in the O'Reilly as you are looking right into the sun for the first half.

I'll go, but I don't have to like it.

Gezball
4th September 2011, 01:31 AM
loved it

neilfws
4th September 2011, 02:21 AM
I think dew forms when the sun goes down, changing the surface from reasonably dry to quite slippery over the course of the game. Not sure if that's good.

Apart from that I enjoyed it, but I prefer a sunny afternoon.

BSA5
4th September 2011, 02:22 AM
Hated sitting in the ORLY stand for the first half. The game would have been perfect, sun-wise, had it started at 5:30.

GongSwan
4th September 2011, 03:47 AM
Stupid movies

Primmy
4th September 2011, 08:29 AM
Not that fussed. Except all traffic coming into the city as I was heading out was a change. Glare from the sun affected players. They needed dry weather/wet weather shoe change overs (both teams)....all those QBE plastic bags, presumably with their name tags on them, really smacked of sports day at school.....Anyway I am a Sunday afternoon girl. Ressies in the morning. Lunch. Game. Perfect.

AnnieH
4th September 2011, 09:31 AM
We got there about 3pm and it was FREEZING in the brewongler, and it only got colder.

Very weird starting the game in the shadows of "3/4 time". Then coming back after half time to a "night" game.

I loved the start time ... still had time to get to the Alexandria to watch Carlton stuff it up.

It's just a pity that they didn't play the reserves game before the seniors.

goswannie14
4th September 2011, 10:26 AM
Being in Geelong we weren't there, but Mrs GS14 and I had the conversation about it, especially with young kids it is a great timeslot. Without kids it is perfect as you can go out to dinner afterwards.

Primmy
4th September 2011, 10:48 AM
Being in Geelong we weren't there, but Mrs GS14 and I had the conversation about it, especially with young kids it is a great timeslot. Without kids it is perfect as you can go out to dinner afterwards.

Not in what I wear to the footie.....

Kirkari
4th September 2011, 11:40 AM
Loved it for this time of year and with yesterday's weather. Tricky with the change in surface moisture but it all worked out.

CJK
4th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Was drinking from 12.30 so I assume I had a good time.

A swans fan
4th September 2011, 01:47 PM
Hated it.

Sitting in Brewongle concourse... while the ground was in shadow, the opposite stands were in glary sunshine. This made it very difficult to see the players and ball until the second half when it was all dark.

Night or day games are my preference.

Lots of people around us unprepared for how cold it was after sun went down.

Doctor
4th September 2011, 01:56 PM
I was initially sceptical but I must admit that I really enjoyed it. It's a good time of year for it and it also seemed to coincide with good times to be driving into and out of the city. I agree with the comment about junior sport all being done by then and it wasn't too late for me to take the younger child without her getting tired by half time. The great weather and the result both helped obviously. No timeslot is any good if those things aren't in order.

Auntie.Gerald
4th September 2011, 08:59 PM
bit hammered at the dinner table later :)

BeeEmmAre
4th September 2011, 10:52 PM
Not a fan. With local Sydney footy commitments, which would be even better if everyone here followed their local club, the only suitable times for a home match are Saturday night and Sunday. Friday would be good but for the traffic this town throws up. Saturday afternoons are just no good for mine.