2026 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tommy_Wolfe7
    On the Rookie List
    • Apr 2026
    • 24

    #16
    Latest draft chat with Jackson Phillips is live. It's a really good insight into a driven and resilient young man. He's a ripper and it's well worth a read.

    Comment

    • Tommy_Wolfe7
      On the Rookie List
      • Apr 2026
      • 24

      #17
      Originally posted by lwjoyner
      has any body heard what mcgrogor's deciionis between afl and atthletics. will he attend draft combine?
      McGroder ran a 6.39 2km time trial. Placed 25th at the National Combine.

      Comment

      • dejavoodoo44
        Veterans List
        • Apr 2015
        • 9974

        #18
        Originally posted by Tommy_Wolfe7

        McGroder ran a 6.39 2km time trial. Placed 25th at the National Combine.
        Good that he's there. I don't know if it means that he's chosen AFL over athletics, but I guess it does mean that he hasn't ruled AFL out.

        Comment

        • Dow
          Senior Player
          • Sep 2022
          • 1166

          #19
          Originally posted by dejavoodoo44

          Good that he's there. I don't know if it means that he's chosen AFL over athletics, but I guess it does mean that he hasn't ruled AFL out.
          Has a lot of Athletic ability obviously but from what I have seen and its limited it, he would be a long shot to make at AFL level

          Comment

          • imuninformedtwo
            Senior Player
            • Aug 2024
            • 1184

            #20
            I get it, and you’re right, but Kyle hadn’t played much footy till three years ago. As accessing Academy talent gets harder, we will need to take the occasional punt.

            Comment

            Working...