Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans Supporters in Perth

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

Swans Supporters in Perth

How many Swan RWO members are over here in WA? and does anyone know of a gathering spot for Sydney games here(Big screen pub). Is there a Swans Supporters club in the West and if so anyone know the contact details?
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

On the wing

Re: Swans Supporters in Perth

Originally posted by PerthSwannie
    How many Swan RWO members are over here in WA? and does anyone know of a gathering spot for Sydney games here(Big screen pub). Is there a Swans Supporters club in the West and if so anyone know the contact details?
    There is supposed to be a WA Supporters club - a very mysterious organisation it seems. I paid $70 earlier this year and all I have got so far is a black & white photocopied sheet with details of the pre-game Irish club stuff prior to the West Coast game.
    I wonder if you were, like me, extremely frustrated last Sat night in trying to find a pub which was showing the Port Adelaide match. There was also a complete radio blackout. Both radio stations had the same match - Bris & Essendon. I ended up going home to listen on internet radio.

This is where the WA Supporters club should come in and flex some muscle by descending on mass to a designated pub. I know the WA Essendon and Collingwood supporters do this.

On the wing
    re: how you find out about WA Supporter club - contact the Melbourne office of Sydney Swans.

Re: Re: Swans Supporters in Perth

Originally posted by Nolie

I wonder if you were, like me, extremely frustrated last Sat night in trying to find a pub which was showing the Port Adelaide match. There was also a complete radio blackout. Both radio stations had the same match - Bris & Essendon. I ended up going home to listen on internet radio.
    Get Foxtel
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Re: Re: Swans Supporters in Perth

This is where the WA Supporters club should come in and flex some muscle by descending on mass to a designated pub. I know the WA Essendon and Collingwood supporters do this.
    I`ve contacted the Greenwood pub(North of the River). They have a GREAT sports bar. 2 big screens.1 one end the other down back. They will be showing the rugby on the back screen and the Swans v Ess on the front screen near the pool tables. Beers are a bit pricie but now theres no smoking in pubs YOU CAN BREATH!

I`ll be going there. 5pm I think it starts.

Re: Re: Re: Swans Supporters in Perth

I`ve contacted the Greenwood pub(North of the River). They have a GREAT sports bar. 2 big screens.1 one end the other down back. They will be showing the rugby on the back screen and the Swans v Ess on the front screen near the pool tables. Beers are a bit pricie but now theres no smoking in pubs YOU CAN BREATH!

I`ll be going there. 5pm I think it starts.
    If I were a Northy, I'd be there...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    re: how you find out about WA Supporter club - contact the Melbourne office of Sydney Swans.
    Graham Madigan from the WA Supporters Club is registered on here.

I sent this thread to all of the people I know in the WA Supporters Club. So hopefully those who want to organise places to watch games together can do so.

Apparently they tried to watch away matches at the Irish club near Subi & it didn't work horribly well.

Keep at the club. Even if you are watching an away game with a small group of people at somebody's home, it is still better than watching it yourself at home.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Where did the other posts go? There was nothing nasty or malicious or defamatory in them?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by i'm-uninformed2
    Where did the other posts go? There was nothing nasty or malicious or defamatory in them?
    Got your own thread.

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/for...threadid=15608

Thanks Wilma.

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Graham Madigan from the WA Supporters Club is registered on here.
    I rang a guy called Kevin Rice who I was put onto from the Melbourne office. He said they only have one or two functions a year at the Irish club when the Swans come here. I mentioned about gathering a group to go to pubs. He said they tried it but people didn`t roll up.

I`ve rung the Greenwood today and they are definitely showing the Swans game at 5pm, so that`s were I`ll be if anyone wants to roll up.

On the wing
    I rang a guy called Kevin Rice who I was put onto from the Melbourne office. He said they only have one or two functions a year at the Irish club when the Swans come here. I mentioned about gathering a group to go to pubs. He said they tried it but people didn`t roll up.

I`ve rung the Greenwood today and they are definitely showing the Swans game at 5pm, so that`s were I`ll be if anyone wants to roll up.
    I shall be there.
    To another poster about Foxtel. Why should I have to pay for that? The AFL via poor negotiation have forced thousands into the unecessary expense of Foxtel. If people subscribe then they think they will have done the right thing. I refuse to play their game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast