Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Unfortunately Bez you don't know my background so you can't possibly presume to know what I understand.

One thing I can assure you that we have some wonderful supporters up here in Sydney (would like more mind you) and i see the passion week in week out.
    Wonderful supporters or members ? the membership in Sydney is about 18,000 and falling, in Melbourne where we get 5 games it is about 8,500.

Quote Originally Posted by bedford View Post
    Is BA a supporter or a member ? nobody is trying to put a wedge between both lots of supporters. Big Al are you a member, would you have gone to a hall of fame in sydney, did you go to the team of the century in sydney, have you gone interstate for games.
    Answers to your questions (not sure of the relevance though)
    Yes
    Yes - wanted to go to Melb for this one but i had an unavoidable conflict
    No - Team of the Century was in Melb wasn't it? (Before a Collingwood game???)
    Yes - Once a year I save up enough to travel to Melb for a feast of footy
    Last edited by Big Al; 23rd July 2009 at 10:03 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Is BA a supporter or a member ? nobody is trying to put a wedge between both lots of supporters. Big Al are you a member, would you have gone to a hall of fame in sydney, did you go to the team of the century in sydney, have you gone interstate for games.
    Why does answering yes to any or all of these questions make one a more passionate supporter then the other?

forward coach
    Team of the Century was in 2003 at the Convention Centre in Darling Harbour IN SYDNEY. I reckon there were as many Melbourne fans there as Sydney fans because of the passion.

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why does answering yes to any or all of these questions make one a more passionate supporter then the other?
    Because it shows the passion, being a member commits to your club, being a person who follows a team behind a computer does not.

double vodka lemon pls
    refer to the membership dep as to why the membership is down....I believe they have the answers.....

I would money ont he fact that Tigers membership drops in half next year...
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I'm a Victorian Swan but that stuff belongs in another era. Sure there'd be people in Sydney more passionate about the club than others but it's exactly the same down here, I can assure you.
    Thanks Plugger46- says it all really.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Blog Entries
    Wonderful supporters or members ? the membership in Sydney is about 18,000 and falling, in Melbourne where we get 5 games it is about 8,500.
    Don't think that really matters.

I've been a supporter for many years.
    I've only been a member for 5.
    I still have a deep passion for the club.

I also agree with Big Al, that your first post was unnecessary.
    It's post like these that rile our northern neighbours.
    We are all here for the ONE reason, we don't need an US and THEM idealology.
    Last edited by ScottH; 23rd July 2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: speeling errer

In hindsight, I should not have answered any of these questions because they are not relevant to this discussion and I do not need to prove my passion or support to anyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to equate longevity and financial committment with passion. Scott (one of the most passionate supporters I know) has demonstarted this to be False. Also my 7 year old nephew who joined up this year loves the Swans and enjoys going to the football with his loud uncle. Is his passion in question?

As Scott said it's a shame we have supporters on both sides of the border who seem to have an US and THEM mentality. Look at the 2005 Grand Final banner, this is what the all our supporters should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Don't think that really matters.

I've been a supporter for many years.
    I've only been a member for 5.
    I still have a deep passion for the club.

I also agree with Big Al, that your first post was unnecessary.
    It's post like these that rile our northern neighbours.
    We are all here for the ONE reason, we don't need an US and THEM idealology.
    Correct.

The club has been in Sydney for 27 years, it's not like it happened last week!

I love that we've got two states with a lot of passionate people who follow our great club. As Colless said the other night, no other club (maybe Brisbane could but to a much lesser extent) can claim that.

We follow the ONE club and I couldn't care less where each supporter comes from. All passion has to start somewhere.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

forward coach
    Clubs need members to survive and not signing up again hurts the club and who cares where their from. I have been taken the wrong way as i have alot of friends in Sydney who go to the footy and i go up a fair bit and have been to every final up there, i love it up there, so BA get off your high horse.

Blog Entries
    Some, as I didn't due to a new and growing family, don't have the financial capability to support the club financially, but can still be passionate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast