Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - CARN THE BLOODS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Folks, that feeling of exhileration when the siren goes and you instantly go into raptures is hard to match. For much of the game I think most people react like they do at any game, but when the lady behind me said there was 34 seconds to go when Mal nailed that goal the feelings and emotions went haywire in anticipation of the siren.
    My first post since the GF and this sums it up for me.

Mum told me there 34 seconds on the clock and that's when I knew we had it - the best moment you could possibly imagine. The players knew too.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Re: Grand Final - CARN THE BLOODS!

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    My first post since the GF and this sums it up for me.

Mum told me there 34 seconds on the clock and that's when I knew we had it - the best moment you could possibly imagine. The players knew too.
    We knew at the ground when Jetta took that mark we had 100 seconds. I really panicked because I had visions of Jetta missing and the Hawks going the length from the kick in. When Mal put it though we went utterly nuts because we knew there couldn't be much time left. Siren goes and we hug, we cry, we sing, we dance and in among all that we remember to take a breath.

In a sense the feeling at the end was better than 05 because in 05 it was utter relief that we finally done it but Sat was just indescribable joy. The fact we win in the most heroic fashion possible will just add to the day. I will be enjoying this for a very long time to come.
    Last edited by Big Al; 1st October 2012 at 02:58 PM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Mummy turned up at Lakeside (late) in the same clothes he was wearing from the after party the night before.
    The after party was awesome.
    BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.
    I can vouch Annie was having a great time at the after party well GF dinner - no idea what she got up to after that though.

Veterans List
    After looking at the replay are few times there are a couple of blokes who stood out for their deft touches and hard running to position.

Craig Bird seemed to be everywhere. Linking up on the defensive 50 numerous times, then bobs up in the forward line, shepherding etc. His stats defy his effectiveness.

Rhyce Shaw; Mark on the goal line, defensive punches (golden fist), body work, running to space, and taps on. Again stats defy his effectiveness.

Have had a chance to really look at thd game - and how good did all of the Red look on the Telly ??? There would hv been loads more hawks supporters there but brown and hold just doesn't stand out - it was a fantastic look for our crowd!!! I will be watching this fir years to come. Agree that '05 was amazing - but this game was something else that none of us expected the reaction - this was truly SPECIAL!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Have had a chance to really look at thd game - and how good did all of the Red look on the Telly ??? There would hv been loads more hawks supporters there but brown and hold just doesn't stand out - it was a fantastic look for our crowd!!! I will be watching this fir years to come. Agree that '05 was amazing - but this game was something else that none of us expected the reaction - this was truly SPECIAL!!
    Brown and gold blends in with the stands. Very nondescript colours.

Quote Originally Posted by swanfire View Post
    Unbelievable. There is something about this team... they've got something that other teams don't have, I don't what you want to call it.
    They brought me to tears, I knew they would do it from the 2nd qrt onwards...
    ROK is a God... LRT is a Rock.... those last two goals from Goodes and Malceski were something special.

Sydney Swans BELIEVE 2012. We did it. Last premiership before the end of the Mayan Calender...

What a team!!
    My bother (Bombers member) msgd me this immediately after the game and I think he hit the nail on the head.
    His exact words - "That was won on heart, your team has it in spades. There is NO other club, in any sport in this country that can match the Swans for sheer HEART "

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    A couple of happy Swans fans... What an unbelievable day.
    Superb photo Al, the look on young Jordans face encapsulates what we were all feeling.

We knew at the ground when Jetta took that mark we had 100 seconds. I really panicked because I had visions of Jetta missing and the Hawks going the length from the kick in. When Mal put it though we went utterly nuts because we knew there couldn't be much time left. Siren goes and we hug, we cry, we sing, we dance and in among all that we remember to take a breath.

In a sense the feeling at the end was better than 05 because in 05 it was utter relief that we finally done it but Sat was just indescribable joy. The fact we win in the most heroic fashion possible will just add to the day. I will be enjoying this for a very long time to come.

Couldn't agree more Al. it was just a perfect day. The weather, the crowd and most of all the game. I'm feeling happier this time around, as its a game we had to fight hard for, and the Bloods showed their true colours
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    I can vouch Annie was having a great time at the after party well GF dinner - no idea what she got up to after that though.
    What a small world that they put us on the same table Gossipcom. I'm sooooooooo glad they did.
    (Although I'm still waiting for Lawrence to email me the photo of Joey and I having a kiss!!)
    Took FOREVER to get a taxi on Saturday morning.
    I ended up with about two hours sleep before I had to get up and go to Lakeside.
    Shouldn't have bothered with the sleep!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

A couple of happy Swans fans... What an unbelievable day.
    Finally found the photo!!
    How lovely.
    Glad you kids enjoyed it.
    (PS. Jordie is soooooooooooooooooo going to look after you when you're old mate. You're going to get a five-star nursing home!!)

xox
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Finally found the photo!!
    How lovely.
    Glad you kids enjoyed it.
    (PS. Jordie is soooooooooooooooooo going to look after you when you're old mate. You're going to get a five-star nursing home!!)

xox
    Jordan's day started off well I said he could order from the menu what ever be wanted for breakfast - he went for pancakes with ice cream and chocolate sauce - The happiest kid In Melbourne and a really lovely kid too boot!!! You'd also be surprised too Annie, Al was very composed and calm this time around - then with 100 seconds to go he, like the rest of us went nuts!!!
    Have to say I loved Mummy's entrance to the fan day - now there was a typical country boy letting his hair down - he was having a ball.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Well the pancakes were for Goodes. We've been doing that for the big matches since 05. Was probably the difference on the day.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed