Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Port match day

Ugh. 7mate Canberra show two ads after Westhoff's goal and we return to coverage with 1 second remaining. Incompetent morons.

Quote Originally Posted by wycx View Post
    Ugh. 7mate Canberra show two ads after Westhoff's goal and we return to coverage with 1 second remaining. Incompetent morons.
    I'm kind of glad I missed it - I reckon I might have had a small heart attack if I had of seen them win the clearance and get it down to the square.

Utterly incompetent Channel 7's coverage (even when taking it straight from Fox!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Be it Foxtel or Ch7 there both very average. Jason Dunstall and David King are bloody awful. Why can't they give credit where credit is due.

Warming the Bench
    I think one of the most inspired calls of the day came before the siren even sounded. Having Pyke sit out this game was a massive difference to winning and losing it and im pretty proud of John to emit him. He knew we needed the fittest players we had and I thought it was the correct call. Cant have a 200cm Ruckmen with poor match fitness come in for his first game in 5 weeks against the best team in the comp. Well played Mr Longmire.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair on those two, 30 games ago Port were in dire straights. I do agree they tend to continue with it way too much though. Share the love boys!

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanno View Post
    Seriously channel 7 couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds before switching off
    That`s why I have Fox Footy. Every game. No ads. Siren to siren. Plus you get to see the song.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

I thought Pyke would have been handy at FF today. No matter though, in the end.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Warming the Bench
    With an 80% chance of rain he might of struggled is all im saying.

I don't know how we do it but we need 2 ruckmen to beat the top sides. Ports run in the last quarter started when Reid had to ruck. Otherwise I thought Reid had his best game for a while.
    Gotta love Buddy!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That's why you pay big $$$$ for someone likw buddy.... we would not have won that without him.

what a superb game of footy - game of the season so far and the two teams showed why they could be the last two standing in September!
    We have gone hard in another forum, but I agree with all your above points. What a great game between two great teams.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Ruck options

I think today showed once and for all why Pyke is a better option than Derrickx. Nothing against fantastic effort from him, but he really struggled in that second half to present a contest at the ruck clearances.
    Yes PA's Lobbe gave Derrickx an hiding in the ruck today, maybe the better option would be Pyke. We played a great 2 1/2 quarters but after that we made some silly errors. Great 2nd half by Buddy and he was the difference in the end. Though not huge possessions I was really impressed with some of the things Lloyd did today. But since Port Adelaide got about 50 more possessions than we did today, I cannot complain about the win.

Suspended by the MRP
    I thought Cunningham, B. Jack and Lloyd gave run and played their roles well.

Not playing the extra ruckman was the correct call. We needed the extra chasing capability against Port.

I wonder with Hanners ankle not looking good if Dan Robinson or Zak Jones will come in. They may play Membrey as an extra forward!

Veterans List
    I think today showed once and for all why Pyke is a better option than Derrickx. Nothing against fantastic effort from him, but he really struggled in that second half to present a contest at the ruck clearances.
    Tom was certainly soundly beaten at centre bounces but it wasn't his fault that Ebert won the centre clearances time and time again. Port was just so much more tougher at centre bounces. After quarter time our backs were under serious pressure because of Port's centre clearance dominance.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast