Especially with the senior bye round, my attention this weekend is turning to our semi-final v Aspley, who knocked out the reigning premiers, NT Thunder, this weekend (and who beat us in the GF in 2014). I hope to make it out to Blacktown this Saturday to see the match. And, ugg, I am impatient for your usual peerless match preview. If we make the GF next weekend, I will try and make it to that too if I'm in Sydney.

Which of the senior team are eligible to play? Can we assume that if a senior player is selected they are not in the frame for selection for the senior team's QF? Is it likely that either Marsh or Cunningham or both or neither would play? I'm guessing neither will play, although might Swampy need to keep building his match fitness? What about Towers? Will any or all of Robbo, Abe, Sinclair and Zak Jones be available to play and try and build some match fitness in the hope they may yet sneak (back) into the senior side this year? What about Talia? He didn't play our last reserves match, did he? If Naismith gets suspended will they hold Nankervis back?

Here's hoping we can avenge our 2014 after-the-siren loss against the Hornets!

On a side note, it's interesting how many of our players from that team have moved on to senior footy both with the Swans (Heeney, Hewett, Mills, Marsh, Mitchell, Jones, Naismith, Richards etc.) and elsewhere (Biggs, Membrey). I wonder if so many of the current team will have progressed in the next two years? Newman? O'Riordan? Foote? Dawson? Leonardis? Murray? And I wonder how many of those will be for other teams? It's sad to lose good players. Conversely BJ and Hiscox are currently stuck in the reserves. Where will they be in 2 more years?