Three more omissions to come. I'm assuming all the new inclusions will play barring late injury. Will be interesting to see which of Maibaum, Melican, Marsh, Newman and O'Riordan hold their spot. Maybe one of Tippett or Cameron will be rested. Also interesting to see that Ronke and Leonardis have not been given a run whereas Fox may be given a second opportunity to show his wares, along with Foote, Florent and Cunningham. I agree that it doesn't look good for BJ. Probably also not too promising for Edwards and those who are hoping to see him getting elevated to the senior list in place of one of the LTIL players either. Writing is on the wall for BJ if he doesn't make some significant progress this year. I think possibly the biggest 'winner' is Maibaum. If they continue to select him I think he is a real chance of getting a debut which is slightly surprising given his youth and similarity to Grundy.

Not only is the non-selection of Kizza notable but also Macca and Reg. They are both so experienced that it wouldn't surprise if they are just given one game to warm up, JLT3. But it's still surprising because there were previous indications that they would play this time. Also I think there were hopes that AA would be ready to return and clearly he isn't, which is bad news.