Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Swans v Hawks Fri 21-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansHawks @sydneyswans

There seems to be some doubt, as to who scored our goal about halfway through the final quarter. It was called as being soccered through by Hayward and the match report gives it to him. However, the stats sheet and live blog give it to Parker. And having watched it a number of times, I'm not sure.
    What happens is: Hayward takes a swing from about twenty out and the ball goes flying high; Parker then tries to mark, but the ball spills; he then swings his foot at the ball, while Hayward flashes past. From the one angle that I've seen, it's really difficult to tell who makes contact. If I had to make a decision, I'd probably go for Parker, but if somebody has seen it from another angle, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jcroz29 View Post
    I watched it and thought to myself ‘he announces his retirement in the coming week.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I was even wondering if the cancer had comeback. Let's hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I was even wondering if the cancer had comeback. Let's hope not.
    Whoops, should be: come back, not comeback.

Veterans List
    There seems to be some doubt, as to who scored our goal about halfway through the final quarter. It was called as being soccered through by Hayward and the match report gives it to him. However, the stats sheet and live blog give it to Parker. And having watched it a number of times, I'm not sure.
    What happens is: Hayward takes a swing from about twenty out and the ball goes flying high; Parker then tries to mark, but the ball spills; he then swings his foot at the ball, while Hayward flashes past. From the one angle that I've seen, it's really difficult to tell who makes contact. If I had to make a decision, I'd probably go for Parker, but if somebody has seen it from another angle, I'd be interested.
    Huh. I had thought it was Hayward, but having watched the replay again I think it's Parker. Mostly based on their respective reactions.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    And Callum was almost demanding that he go over and talk to Colin, because Colin did something interesting on his week off. But good old BT, just wasn't interested in something that may have been entertaining.
    Mills was winding him up, saying he flew back to Ireland for three days, with two thirty hour flights. Taylor twigged after the thirty hour flight bit. Good to see someone trying to suck him in.
    sprite

Read this eye catching opener by a Paul Johnson from news,com on last night's game.

That nine-year deal for Lance Franklin continues to look worse and worse after the Swans star went down with another left hamstring injury in their 12.10 (82) to 9.9 (63) win over Hawthorn at the SCG on Friday night.

Also interesting bit on "Customer Service" staff patrolling the stands, not seen previously at the SCG.

AFL 2019: Lance Franklin injured in Sydney win over Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Huh. I had thought it was Hayward, but having watched the replay again I think it's Parker. Mostly based on their respective reactions.
    Yes, I tend to think that it was Parker, but I would like either official confirmation, or an angle from behind the goals. Then again, footage from another angle, may show that it was Knoll.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Gotta hand it to Sinclair. He doesn't have the best talent but he tries his heart out out for the club.
    Sinclair has been outstanding of late. Absolutlely pantsed McEvey.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Read this eye catching opener by a Paul Johnson from news,com on last night's game.

Also interesting bit on "Customer Service" staff patrolling the stands, not seen previously at the SCG.

AFL 2019: Lance Franklin injured in Sydney win over Hawthorn
    There have been SCG staff with "Customer Service" and "Crowd Safety" jackets walking around the Brewongle and Churchill stands for years. Maybe no one took any notice of them before.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the veteran's list
    Bud 3-4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    There have been SCG staff with "Customer Service" and "Crowd Safety" jackets walking around the Brewongle and Churchill stands for years. Maybe no one took any notice of them before.
    I've seen them in the Noble stand in previous years, generally up the back where the food is served. I've got to say that if Marvel had put "Customer Service" or "Crowd Safety" rather than "Behavioural Awareness Officer" on their jackets, there might have been less fuss.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I wish the ground PA SYSTEM would just self destruct.
    How much does it spoil the experience.
    HEAR, HEAR!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I've seen them in the Noble stand in previous years, generally up the back where the food is served. I've got to say that if Marvel had put "Customer Service" or "Crowd Safety" rather than "Behavioural Awareness Officer" on their jackets, there might have been less fuss.
    Its not that they are there, but unlike Marvel they don't eyeball the crowd if someone jumps to feet when a goal is scored.

They also don't remove people for swearing or making comments at the umps.

It just good security not I need to be "presence", put people in their place, be above the patrons.

i.e. what has been happen for decades.
    doof-doof