Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 19 Swans v Cats Sun 28-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansCats @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Someone here said Blicavs should get a fine for staging.....it is done.

MRO hands out 2019's first staging fine, two others to pay up - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

He should get an Oscar. I was not far away and I thought Pelican MUST have punched him from how he reacted.

Was me. Pleased that he didn't get off; though $1,000 is a fairly piddling amount for a well paid professional footballer.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    What I find amazing is that clubs monitor the interchanges of their opponents during games. Don't they have enough on their plates or maybe they don't trust the AFL to monitor this?
    I was thinking the same thing. How can he have time to keep an eye on our interchange numbers when there are hundreds of other things he needs to concentrate on? Regardless, did he really need to react like that? He really loves to sook.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Was me. Pleased that he didn't get off; though $1,000 is a fairly piddling amount for a well paid professional footballer.
    It certainly is.....but it's added to the players public embarrassment of being guilty of staging I suppose. He shouldn't do it again you'd think.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yep. Brad was worse on this front, recall him blaming the Etihad roof being open for a game they lost . Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was there at that game sitting near the interchange bench. It was a warm day with no rain forecast so the roof was open. After halftime it started raining. The Kangaroos lost the game to Geelong and after the siren he stormed over to the interchange bench and started yelling at the AFL person for keeping the roof open. It was embarrassing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Its part of their DNA. His brother is just the same. The main reason I don't like either of them particularly - always looking for an excuse as well if they get beat to go with it.
    Yeah, agree with you both.

It certainly is.....but it's added to the players public embarrassment of being guilty of staging I suppose. He shouldn't do it again you'd think.
    Perhaps the AFL could dial up the public embarrassment? On Grand Final day, after we've had the parade of retiring champions, we could have the shaming of the stagers. Where all those fined for staging, are driven around the MCG on clapped out utes and forced to reenact their notorious performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was there at that game sitting near the interchange bench. It was a warm day with no rain forecast so the roof was open. After halftime it started raining. The Kangaroos lost the game to Geelong and after the siren he stormed over to the interchange bench and started yelling at the AFL person for keeping the roof open. It was embarrassing.
    I wonder how long it will be, until he becomes a crazy old man shouting at clouds? Or a talkback radio host. Much the same thing really.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Perhaps the AFL could dial up the public embarrassment? On Grand Final day, after we've had the parade of retiring champions, we could have the shaming of the stagers. Where all those fined for staging, are driven around the MCG on clapped out utes and forced to reenact their notorious performances.

On the veteran's list
    I notice Dawson was the only Swan to make it into the coaches votes. I bet Scott didn't look too closely at the Swans' players. Thought Isaac may have been worth something in place of Blicavs

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I notice Dawson was the only Swan to make it into the coaches votes. I bet Scott didn't look too closely at the Swans' players. Thought Isaac may have been worth something in place of Blicavs
    I thought Heeney's performance was a little uneven - the substance of it came late. However, when he plays like he did in that period, he looks our second best forward behind Buddy. There has been some debate about whether Heeney should play forward or midfield; I'm coming around to him playing forward. Certainly for the rest of the year, while he is nursing his hip.

Dawson's role is interesting too. He is probably our best kick for goal. His marking and long kicking also make him useful in defence. But I wonder whether ultimately his best position is inside mid, particularly as he fills out. He has the potential to be an inside bull, in the way Joey has been.