Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Round 9 v St Kilda.

We had as many inside 50s that Q as in the first half, for 2 goals

Rowbottom showing some early signs of stardom?

What a frustrating quarter. Did so much right but couldn't get it on the scoreboard. Paddlebutt again showing why many of us think he is an heir apparent in the midfield. And lovely kick from Tommy. So disappointing to not be genuinely in the contest, as we've been good value for making it a good contest today, but have wasted too many chances in front of goals, and they've taken theirs.

There is a lot to like about Elijah Taylor. Goes hard and that multiple effort on the wing was great to see. Look forward to watching him develop as an AFL footballer - he is raw, but there is something there with him.

Each week we are seeing facets of our game improving this year I feel - its disappointing we won't win as many as we could have this year because of a lack of composure in front of goals. But there are very good signs for the future I think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Very frustrating game.

I’m loving Rowbottom and Florent in the middle and Fox, Rampe and Lloyd down back.

Papley doing nothing. Hayward’s confidence in front of goal is shot. Blakey missing 10m our is a joke.

Taylor and Bell showing glimpses. Ling showing nothing.

Yet another @@@@ handball by Lloyd gives up a goal. Yet another. One in every game this season by a bloke that just loses the plot. Only once a game but they have all been very costly. Sad. A great player does so much every week but one brain fade every game stuffs up everything.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Their late goal was a tad irritating. Thought we were clawing our way back into it, through some good pressure and defensive efforts. Rowbottom was very lively in that quarter. Surprised that the stats say that we're winning the hit outs. I hope Cunningham is okay. He's been playing another quietly efficient game and I think that he's been one of our best, this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If it wasn’t for that he was a Swan, Jones would be one player I would love to hate. Just an angry little man.
    Yes he is an angry man. At Marvel stadium I sit near the interchange bench and every time he came off he was always angry.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    McCartin's goalkicking used to be a disaster, now he's becoming a dead-eye.
    I once said he was the worst kick on the list and now he is one of the best.sign of intelligence and application that he can turn it around like that.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Horse's head must be exploding right now

- - - Updated - - -

My pet hate is players dropping the ball when tackled and no HTB

Didnt know a drop kick was a legal disposal....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Disappointing, not unexpected though. They are a far superior team, the fact we were with them as long as we were is a testament to our young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This scoreline will not accurately represent how close large chunks of the game were

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast