I don't think we have a thread that covers this already and I didn't think a post about this belonged in the other threads on offer.

What are all our expectations for season 2021? There seem to be a diversity of opinions about this.

I saw an article on Fox Footy rating expectations for each club in 2021: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-offseason-2020-every-clubs-pass-mark-for-2021-season-predictions-preview-under-pressure-teams-every-team-prediction/news-story/174edf2b1de1b15375b2e8af7a0844e3. FWIW (i.e. not much), their opinion is a pass mark for the Swans is 10-12 wins and finishing no worse than 11th. While I'm not ruling out finals if things click and we get a good run with injury, I happen to think that's about right - with finals the expectation for 2022 at this stage. If we get 10-12 wins, finish no worse than 11th (hopefully better!) and show improvement and development of our young players and that our trajectory is continuing in the right direction, I'll be satisfied with that. Another bottom 4 finish and I'll be very disappointed.

I'd like to see us be able to score more. Having the personnel will help. Even if Buddy's unavailable we should be able to have at least two of Reid, McCartin and Sinclair in the front half. Potentially even pick 3!

Finally, I'd like us to good, exciting footy that's fun to watch, have a red hot go and push the best teams hard even when we don't win. (Kind of like we mostly nearly did this year, but better.)

Apart from the team level expectations, I also have things I'd like individuals to achieve:

* Buddy get back on the field and play at least half the season
* Naismith get back to his best by season's end or be delisted
* Heeney show just a bit more than he has to date. Same for Florent.
* Substantial improvement and greater consistency from Blakey
* Gould get at least 6 games and hopefully make our best 22 by season's end
* Justin McInerney consolidate the good form he showed late in 2020
* Some further improvement and development from: McCartin, Rowbottom,
Stephens, Warner, and, especially, Ling
* Reid to play a full season and show some leadership
* Hickey to pleasantly surprise us with his rucking and work around the ground
Let's hear what others have to say? What are the dire predictions of the doomsayers? What do the Pollyanna types expect?