Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 v Carlton

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    How are Stephens and Campbell going in making your exclusive Swans young gun club?

I assume that Rowbottom along with Blakey are out of contention.

Judging by your previous post Gould is totally out of contention.
    Both are quality. Stephens has a tank made for AFL when he finds more of it will be a prolific player. Campbell quick penetrating kick . Dont see either being superstars of the comp but still very good players, McCartin and Dawson too

Papley, Mills also . We have got some great young talent

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Would really like Hayward to be either dropped or put back into defense.

He was worst than Blakey, with just 5 possessions last week.

How he keeps his spot in the team is beyond me, one more of Horse favorites.

With the mid season draft, we really need to draft some more defenders; ours are just not up to it when confronted by a tall opposition forward line.
    Probably due to lack of other options to come in. If Goulden was fit then he would have that spot.

Good point, Liz, many of new recruits serve a few years in reserves before they get the chance in seniors. It's also a reason we lose players like Darcy Cameron who don't get a game. Maybe under the "new" coaching team, the younger and new recruits seem to be given the chance this season. We are in a new era and we are rebuilding the next premiership shot

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Good point, Liz, many of new recruits serve a few years in reserves before they get the chance in seniors. It's also a reason we lose players like Darcy Cameron who don't get a game. Maybe under the "new" coaching team, the younger and new recruits seem to be given the chance this season. We are in a new era and we are rebuilding the next premiership shot
    Wow. Losing Darcy Cameron has put the club back years.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Wow. Losing Darcy Cameron has put the club back years.
    Agree with this facetiousness. He is a plodder. Sometimes wonder also if Nankervis would have suited the way we play.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    In: Callum Sinclair, Justin McInerney, Kaiden Brand
    Out: Nick Blakey (Omitted), Robbie Fox (Injured), Ryan Clarke (Medi-Sub), Tom Hickey (Injured)
    Em: Colin O'Riordan, Joel Amartey, James Bell, Lewis Taylor

On that list, I think COR would be this week's medical sub and one of the others would be a game-day emergency (not sure who).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

So its McInerney, Sinclair and Brand in for Hickey (knee injury), Fox (eye injury), Blakey (omitted) and Clarke (medical sub - omitted)

This will make some happy. Hickey is a very big loss for us, he changes the make up of our team. The game starts at the ruck contests and we can pencil us in for a loss in that area already!! It will be up to our midfielders to even up that ledger - just on the midfielders, I wonder if we have one too many?? Five inside mids - Joey, Parks, Mills, RB, Chad.. Three wingman - McInerney, Ollie, Dylan... in previous weeks we've rotated at least one inside mid to the outside but it seems we have that spare outside mid already, so I wonder if we could see one of the inside mids moved to another role?? Mills back to defence?? Help out against the man mountain that is McKay?? Or Parker fwd? Then we have too many medium forwards with Heeney and Hayward also! Or could TheBloods get his way and Rowbottom will be in defence??

So many options! Intriguing!! Very excited for this game!!

CHEER CHEER

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

On that list, I think COR would be this week's medical sub and one of the others would be a game-day emergency (not sure who).
    They can all be game-day emergencies since all else they've got to do this weekend is thumb twiddle.

You'd imagine if Naismith gets through this weeks ressies game, he'll be on for next week

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    You'd imagine if Naismith gets through this weeks ressies game, he'll be on for next week
    What ressies game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    What ressies game?
    true....

I forgot!

Either way I don't think we'll have to rely on Sinkers as a back up ruckman for much longer

Carlton have gone very tall in their forward line with 3 players over 2 metres plus Silvagni at 194cm.. We look very undersized in defence even with Brand coming into the team. Our defence is neither particularly tall nor quick. Wet conditions could suit us under the circumstances, but predicting how these mismatches turn out is always difficult. We will have to try to keep their forwards from marking too close to goal.