Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Swans are favourites, I thought GWS would be .

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Would love to if you can PM me?
    Hi Buzz

Sorry for the delay, been caught up with a few things, PM me with your email address if they are still needed.

sprite
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The hanging Chad gag is brilliant. Well done!
    Thanks!

You’d think with a name like that he’d play more like Heeney!

Hi all,

I remember in August 2017.. when 'Dusty' announced his intentions to commit to the Tigers.. prior to that they were seen as making up the numbers in a surprise finals berth.. then a surge of momentum carried them through the finals on the back of them keeping their man... they went into September with GOOD VIBRATIONS!

Hopefully we will see the same with Don Pyke staying loyal to the Swans?? A sign of faith and optimism for the boys to be inspired by?? Don is no Dusty, but he's an undeniable asset for our great club!!

(Though i'd feel much better if it were Parks announcing his commitment to the future.. or Dawson!!)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Hi all,

I remember in August 2017.. when 'Dusty' announced his intentions to commit to the Tigers.. prior to that they were seen as making up the numbers in a surprise finals berth.. then a surge of momentum carried them through the finals on the back of them keeping their man... they went into September with GOOD VIBRATIONS!

Hopefully we will see the same with Don Pyke staying loyal to the Swans?? A sign of faith and optimism for the boys to be inspired by?? Don is no Dusty, but he's an undeniable asset for our great club!!

(Though i'd feel much better if it were Parks announcing his commitment to the future.. or Dawson!!)
    You’ve got your wish, on Pyke at least
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Im most worried about Mummy throwing his weight around and causing some injury

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You’ve got your wish, on Pyke at least
    That’s great news-has there been an announcement?

The team for this week: I think Millsey will play, as his injury is peculiar in that playing can actually help rather than hinder, but of course it will depend on how he trains on Thursday. The 2 weeks in iso didn’t do him any good!

With Joey, I’m afraid the slight hammy may need another week and so should not be risked- once again Thursday will tell. Of course he will want to play, but will put the tea m first!

Chad needs to come in (hello Bangalore and TB!) but who for? If Mills doesn’t make it?
    As much as I like McLean, and he played well in the second half, Sammy is needed in a final for his experience and versatility but then again……..

If the MC want Robbie for a match-up, the only spot I can think of is COR’s and he would be stiff to lose it.

Scratching the head……….. over to you Ludwig!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Particularly if GWS are going to lose and Mummy is therefore playing his last game

Thanks Uninformed- just saw this: great news indeed! Our coaching panel is great and the football the boys are playing is exciting and terrific to watch- what an improvement on last year!

Thinking about bringing Chad in for GWS: of course depending on Joey and Mills availability. But going on last weeks’ game, dare I say it: thought JR was tentative (please don’t say anything TB and Bangalore) I think the lad is a bit down on confidence following his injury. Hard to decide how best to help him regain form but he needs to offer a bit more. Saying that, I think the lovely goal he kicked would have helped a lot. Maybe the sub this week?

Senior Player
    You could see Pyke taking over at GWS if they have a poor year next year (probably unlikely). Cameron is in the last year of his
    contract next year. He has become an honorary Sydney person now.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I'm worried about that also. It could be his last game and nothing to lose. He has form!