Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 6 pre-match thread - vs Hawthorn, Monday 25 April, University of Tasmania Oval

Regular in the Side
    Injury List
    Franklin
    Hickey
    Papley
    Fox
    O'Riordan
    McAndrew
    Sinclair
    Sheldrick
    Amartey
    Roberts
    Wicks

and chuck in

Naismith

for good measure

That is eleven who may not be available for the Hawks

Some will obviously be "test" while some will not play or appear on any injury list. That is the way it is and why it is hard to do more than just guess the composition of the team from week to week.

On the bright side we see all three of the Hawks rucks are injured and Ladhams may not have even a C grade ruck like Williams as his opponent but just a stop gap tall. If Lynch does get up he will not have played for over a month after concussion, going through H&S protocol and lastly an anaphylactic shock from a bee sting. Almost feel sorry for the Hawks but they did beat the Cats with no ruck so, no I am not feeling sorry for them at all.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    That’s unfortunate to hear on Stephens. I thought it was harsh to omit him when they did. I thought in the early part of the year that he was developing confidence, toughness and playing well. He had one bad game and out he went.

I really want him to do well.
    I was also disappointed when Stephens was dropped. I was hoping after that one bad game they would just say to him 'you're still in, just do your thing' to encourage that confidence to grow, rather than risk him questioning himself and going back into his shell. It's obvious he has confidence issues.....but I guess the MC also want him to develop resilience in the face of adversity. It's entirely up to him to find that.....and he's going to have to. I hope he does.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don’t think Stephens was dropped because he had a poor game. Most of the team was poor against the Dogs. Rather, he made way for the returning McInerney. Does anyone think he should be in the side over McInerney?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don’t think Stephens was dropped because he had a poor game. Most of the team was poor against the Dogs. Rather, he made way for the returning McInerney. Does anyone think he should be in the side over McInerney?
    It's the way it is with strong teams. After watching the replay last night, I was mulling over in my mind who in Friday night's team is not finals quality, not too many but someone gets demoted when, for instance, Papley and Bud return.

Unavailable players list getting longer :-(

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Injury List
    Franklin
    Hickey
    Papley
    Fox
    O'Riordan
    McAndrew
    Sinclair
    Sheldrick
    Amartey
    Roberts
    Wicks

and chuck in

Naismith

for good measure

That is eleven who may not be available for the Hawks

Some will obviously be "test" while some will not play or appear on any injury list. That is the way it is and why it is hard to do more than just guess the composition of the team from week to week.

On the bright side we see all three of the Hawks rucks are injured and Ladhams may not have even a C grade ruck like Williams as his opponent but just a stop gap tall. If Lynch does get up he will not have played for over a month after concussion, going through H&S protocol and lastly an anaphylactic shock from a bee sting. Almost feel sorry for the Hawks but they did beat the Cats with no ruck so, no I am not feeling sorry for them at all.
    According to a match review of our VFL game, in the VFL section of the AFL site, Sinclair was just being managed. Which I guess means that he should be available for our next VFL game.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    A bit strange to rest for a VFL game when there is no VFL game coming up this weekend

Our injury list is certainly growing for so early in the season. Lets hope we can get some of these guys back soon! The Hawks were very impressive against Geelong yesterday so we need to bring our "A" game to the field in Tassie to score another win. I envisage very few changes, if any, to our team this week.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    If Lynch does get up he will not have played for over a month after concussion, going through H&S protocol and lastly an anaphylactic shock from a bee sting. Almost feel sorry for the Hawks but they did beat the Cats with no ruck so, no I am not feeling sorry for them at all.
    That is a definitely a series of unfortunate events.
    Something else that is unfortunate is that the Hawks played really well yesterday. Plenty of run and dare. I was hoping we would give them an absolute flogging, but now I'll be happy with just the 4 points.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    That's all you ever post ...totally one sided posts wanting Bell out ...you have no idea ..he does tackle and well and as for the criticisms of him ...I'd rather his endeavour than Wicks brain snaps .he couldn't find anyone for one of his kicks so he cleverly chipped in to space ..you are the most negative poster on here and it's usually just to say you want Bell out with no nuances or understanding of what he does during a game.. I'd love to see you express your opinion of Bell in the team huddle ..
    It’s a supporters forum Joey, it’s my opinion and I’m allowed to have it

I don’t have anything against the guy personally, but I don’t believe he’s up to AFL standard and continually gets a game ahead of players who would impact the team more positively

His role is a small forward, but he gets very little of the ball, doesn’t kick goals, lays very few tackles, is clumsy to say the least, and the opposition stroll the ball out of our forward line with him there.

There are no nuances or subtleties I’m missing, it’s simply another case of the coaching staff favouring or under utilising certain players, it happens all of the time, even at afl level.

James is a professional sportsman and he is paid well enough to put up with reasonable criticism of his on field performance. I’ve never personally attacked him or posted anything which I think crossed the line or is unreasonable.

There’s a whole thread dedicated to Rowbottom, perhaps I’ll start one up about Bell so you don’t get offended in the future

Ironically you have a dip at Wicks in your post, maybe you could say that in the huddle 🙄

Veterans List
    Bell has improved this year, does an occasional clever piece of play but his kicking is very poor, needs to work on that.

I think he's the 22nd player in the team currently but certainly seems to be getting selected over others that I thought may deserve a look in.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Bell has improved this year, does an occasional clever piece of play but his kicking is very poor, needs to work on that.

I think he's the 22nd player in the team currently but certainly seems to be getting selected over others that I thought may deserve a look in.
    I agree that Bell needs to improve his kicking, I also think he's too slow with his decision making. He seems to be freezing a bit and getting caught in two minds. This often leads to a poor disposal. Looking at the injury list above, who would you put ahead of Bell right now?
    Last edited by Goal Sneak; 19th April 2022 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Re-phrasing

Bell is surely there for his forward pressure. Did you see some of those tackles inside 50 from Bell? Just brilliant.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast